Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Louisville implosion
Well. The clash thing is preventing me from getting into another program. I’m a pgy4, passed written boards, many pubs, awards but didn’t fit in with my cohort and PD. Was bullied by nurses. Can’t other PD understand this? Idk what to do to show them a change in environment is all I need. In fact we had a few residents transfer due to malignancy and now shine at new program.

I live with this pain of not being able to do what I worked so hard for. The stress is building and building daily. I was let go not because of competence but really because of relations. It’s all subjective because there are other residents who get written up more/banned from rotation sites and still allowed to graduate.
where did the guy from china go ?
also who was from Australia?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
(08-27-2021, 04:58 PM)Guest Wrote: Well.  The clash thing is preventing me from getting into another program.  I’m a pgy4, passed written boards, many pubs, awards but didn’t fit in with my cohort and PD.  Was bullied by nurses.  Can’t other PD understand this?  Idk what to do to show them a change in environment is all I need. In fact we had a few residents transfer due to malignancy and now shine at new program.

I live with this pain of not being able to do what I worked so hard for.  The stress is building and building daily.  I was let go not because of competence but really because of relations.  It’s all subjective because there are other residents who get written up more/banned from rotation sites and still allowed to graduate.

If your coresidents didn’t like you that says more to me about your actual character than anything else you write.
Let's all just be friends and not bash anyone. Everyone is going through their own struggle in life. Im sure shit goes on everywhere, some stuff is just kept quiet. We should be proud to be physicians with the gift to treat others.
Let's keep this public forum with good taste. Show the world that neurosurgery is a great profession with collegial surgeons.
(08-27-2021, 04:18 PM)Guest Wrote: It seems to me that this thread is being perpetuated by a few individuals with personal grudges against select individuals at UofL.
If you look at the hard core facts UofL isn't imploding. The cases filed against them by aggrieved past employees haves been dropped/resolved a few years ago. Their case volume continues to grow, as does their faculty. They have one of the biggest Spinal cord injury centers in the US, with trauma case numbers similar to the well known trauma centers like USC.

There are many more programs that have been accused of being malignant, with attendings verbally abusing staff and residents but I don't see any posts on this website about them. Which make me wonder why start a whole post devoted to louisville? I mean if I was so inclined, I could start a post about other programs and target them for my own experiences, but I think that's petty and ridiculous and everyone should make a judgement call for themselves when they interview with a program.

No matter where you interview or one day go you will clash with people and not agree with their decisions, that is the nature of being in a high stakes field working with people who like to do things their way. But guess what, being a resident means sucking it the fuck up and moving on with your life because there are more important things to do.

It’s seems that the program has potential but not very much given the current leadership and culture. I appreciate knowing as much as I can about a program. Most of the time all you hear is how great things are. Its good to hear about how bad things can be. I suspect there are other programs with similar problems and it would be interesting to hear about those as well.
(08-27-2021, 08:13 PM)Guest Wrote:
(08-27-2021, 04:18 PM)Guest Wrote: It seems to me that this thread is being perpetuated by a few individuals with personal grudges against select individuals at UofL.
If you look at the hard core facts UofL isn't imploding. The cases filed against them by aggrieved past employees haves been dropped/resolved a few years ago. Their case volume continues to grow, as does their faculty. They have one of the biggest Spinal cord injury centers in the US, with trauma case numbers similar to the well known trauma centers like USC.

There are many more programs that have been accused of being malignant, with attendings verbally abusing staff and residents but I don't see any posts on this website about them. Which make me wonder why start a whole post devoted to louisville? I mean if I was so inclined, I could start a post about other programs and target them for my own experiences, but I think that's petty and ridiculous and everyone should make a judgement call for themselves when they interview with a program.

No matter where you interview or one day go you will clash with people and not agree with their decisions, that is the nature of being in a high stakes field working with people who like to do things their way. But guess what, being a resident means sucking it the fuck up and moving on with your life because there are more important things to do.

It’s seems that the program has potential but not very much given the current leadership and culture. I appreciate knowing as much as I can about a program. Most of the time all you hear is how great things are. Its good to hear about how bad things can be. I suspect there are other programs with similar problems and it would be interesting to hear about those as well.

This gotta be a joke. Did you just compare the case volume between Louisville KY with Southern California CA?
(08-27-2021, 08:31 PM)Guest Wrote: Okay 
(08-27-2021, 08:13 PM)Guest Wrote:

This gotta be a joke. Did you just compare the case volume between Louisville KY with Southern California CA?
In terms of gang violence, no. But never underestimate the amount of rednecks with guns/ATVs and motorcycles doing stupid things!
This place deserves a podcast or at least a documentary about it. On my sub I alone I witnessed multiple patients maimed, med students physically/verbally abused, nonstop resident infighting. Unreal that the university has been paying Neimat 7 figures for 5+ years for this result.
I rotated there as well. University patients "get what they get" at Louisville Neurosurgery. Which is not good. Nobody with insurance or money would dare go there for neurosurgical care. No chance in hell. They pray on those that are medically underserved and those that have no other choice like trauma patients. These people have no voice.

[-]
Quick Reply

Image Verification
Please enter the text contained within the image into the text box below it. This process is used to prevent automated spam bots.
Image Verification
(case insensitive)