Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Louisville implosion
(02-27-2021, 02:50 PM)Guest Wrote:
(02-25-2021, 06:26 PM)Guest Wrote: I don't have a horse in the race but this is how I see it.

There are very few excellent neurosurgery programs, there are lots of good programs, and fortunately there are very few bad programs.

Louisville has fallen into the bad category now for more than 10years and apparently the current chairman has not been able to change that.

The difference between a truly outstanding program and a terrible program is the program leadership and the faculty and residents the leadership recruits. Louisville might be a bad program because the leadership is bad and the people they have recruited are bad, or the faculty inherited by the new leadership is bad. Hence the firing of the vascular attending.

Yes Louisville graduates neurosurgeons, likely just not very good ones. Best advise is to try your best to train at an excellent or good program. This program will have no trouble finding less competitive applicants to fill their rosters. A program with a roster full of IMGs is not a good program. Competitive applicants are competitive and they usually end up at excellent and good programs.

So would you or would you not do a fellowship with Niemat if you were interested in functional. It seems like, although he hasn't been able to turn the residency around it isn't necessarily all about him

Would not. He is a classic example of someone who trained at “all the right places” but is a terrible surgeon.
(02-26-2021, 06:50 PM)Guest Wrote:
(02-26-2021, 03:54 PM)Guest Wrote: Wow some real friendly normal people in here lmao

This is a forum for neurosurgeons, guy

(02-26-2021, 09:14 PM)Guest Wrote:
(02-26-2021, 03:54 PM)Guest Wrote: Wow some real friendly normal people in here lmao

Guess we all HAVE to be assholes, bud

I'm not your bud, friend
(02-28-2021, 12:27 AM)Guest Wrote:

(02-26-2021, 09:14 PM)Guest Wrote:

Guess we all HAVE to be assholes, bud

I'm not your bud, friend

I'm not your friend, guy
Statement from the University of Louisville Department of Neurological Surgery Chairman and Residency Program Directors:

We at the University of Louisville Department of Neurological Surgery are again astonished and dismayed to read these allegations made by anonymous individuals. These comments continue to contain a number of misrepresentations and distortions. Our Department continues to grow and thrive. We value nothing more than the care of our patients and the education of our residents. If anyone has pressing concerns or questions about our program, we again encourage and ask to please reach out to us directly via DepartmentofNeurosurgery@louisville.edu We will be more than happy to openly discuss our program and address any concerns anyone may have.
I mean... address the concerns or don't speak up at all? What's the point in just saying everything out there is false. Who thinks that that will take fears from applicants. If you acknowledge anonymous rumors that may well be bs, then at least have something to say. This smells like it is just going to Streisand from now on, if the above comment actually comes from them
(03-01-2021, 07:51 PM)Guest Wrote: I mean... address the concerns or don't speak up at all? What's the point in just saying everything out there is false. Who thinks that that will take fears from applicants. If you acknowledge anonymous rumors that may well be bs, then at least have something to say. This smells like it is just going to Streisand from now on, if the above comment actually comes from them

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Streisand_...20Internet. (had to look this up)
Yes, please call Louisville so they can spin and distort the truth in their favor. Nice try. We aren’t idiots.
(03-01-2021, 07:57 PM)Guest Wrote:
(03-01-2021, 07:51 PM)Guest Wrote: I mean... address the concerns or don't speak up at all? What's the point in just saying everything out there is false. Who thinks that that will take fears from applicants. If you acknowledge anonymous rumors that may well be bs, then at least have something to say. This smells like it is just going to Streisand from now on, if the above comment actually comes from them

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Streisand_...20Internet. (had to look this up)

Did the same exact thing, rofl.
(03-01-2021, 08:05 PM)Guest Wrote: Yes, please call Louisville so they can spin and distort the truth in their favor. Nice try. We aren’t idiots.

How would you prefer they address your concerns then if you aren’t willing to ask a question?
That just makes applicants more neurotic than they already are. We should call and ask if the damaging rumors about their program on a questionable online forum are true? What kind of damage control is that, and I'd sure poop my pants about what that would do to how they rank me, if they were a program I'd actually want to end up at. I'll repeat, either stand above it and don't acknowledge them, or do so with something to say. If not publicly, then at least during interview season

[-]
Quick Reply

Image Verification
Please enter the text contained within the image into the text box below it. This process is used to prevent automated spam bots.
Image Verification
(case insensitive)