Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Second Looks
(03-11-2021, 03:06 PM)Guest Wrote:
(03-11-2021, 02:38 PM)Guest Wrote:
(03-11-2021, 02:20 PM)Guest Wrote:
(03-11-2021, 02:12 PM)Guest Wrote:
(01-25-2021, 05:48 PM)Guest Wrote: I don't think anyone wants to name and shame a place they're interested in and that may have only reached out to a few people.

That being said, lots of programs said something to the tune of "you should see a city before you move there" or "if you're in the area..."

Can confirm that multiple in person second looks took place this year. I saw a few of the same applicants on the post-interview trail.
No one invited is dumb enough to name these institutions, but I visited a few "top tier" programs and a few "hidden gems". 
Across the board, residents are just as eager to meet us as we are them.

Why not? Just name them
Pitt, BNI

Mayo

Were any others personally invited to Mayo in-person 2nd looks?
Reminder not to trust an anonymous online forum
(03-11-2021, 05:27 PM)Guest Wrote:
(03-11-2021, 03:06 PM)Guest Wrote:
(03-11-2021, 02:38 PM)Guest Wrote:
(03-11-2021, 02:20 PM)Guest Wrote:
(03-11-2021, 02:12 PM)Guest Wrote: Can confirm that multiple in person second looks took place this year. I saw a few of the same applicants on the post-interview trail.
No one invited is dumb enough to name these institutions, but I visited a few "top tier" programs and a few "hidden gems". 
Across the board, residents are just as eager to meet us as we are them.

Why not? Just name them
Pitt, BNI

Mayo

Were any others personally invited to Mayo in-person 2nd looks?
Mayo Rochester?
Sound off if neither you nor anyone you know has received a single "invitation" from a program to come and visit them in person
(03-11-2021, 07:34 PM)Guest Wrote: Sound off if neither you nor anyone you know has received a single "invitation" from a program to come and visit them in person

+1
(03-11-2021, 07:42 PM)Guest Wrote:
(03-11-2021, 07:34 PM)Guest Wrote: Sound off if neither you nor anyone you know has received a single "invitation" from a program to come and visit them in person

+1

I've heard of ppl but didn't personally hear from anywhere
BNI residents straight up told an entire room of applicants to visit Phoenix and meet them. Wasn't personal
Same experience at a mid-tier program. Said to visit if interested to whole group over zoom if in city but if you emailed them they wanted to meet up.
(03-12-2021, 12:04 AM)Guest Wrote: Same experience at a mid-tier program. Said to visit if interested to whole group over zoom if in city but if you emailed them they wanted to meet up.

This was my experience. No exclusive invitations implying you were highly ranked or anything, just residents interested in meeting the students if the opportunity came
APD at Cornell dropped the "feel free to let us know if you're in the area" to the entire group of applicants

IMO I felt like I had more to lose than gain by asking residents/faculty if they would entertain an in-person visit. I got great feedback from letters of interest to programs higher on my list + program-initiated calls from programs lower on my list, so I left it at that. I also had two of my mentors make calls which I think did way more for my position on rank lists than any in-person visit would do

[-]
Quick Reply

Image Verification
Please enter the text contained within the image into the text box below it. This process is used to prevent automated spam bots.
Image Verification
(case insensitive)