Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fellowships
Are step scores still important for seeking competitive fellowships? And what other factors are considered important?
No. Phone calls/LOR from ur attendings, and publications in the field of interest are what carry the day. That being said, fellowships are generally very easy to get overall in whatever field u are interested in, the only challenge arises if you have a specific program in mind.
I obtained my fellowship without any difficulty. Interviewed and received offers from every place I applied to, including so called competitive ones. Had minimal research, but attendings who were proactive on my behalf.
I wouldn't say fellowships are generally very easy to get overall, it depends on what fellowships you're looking for. There are a ton of spine fellowships out there so those tend to be less competitive. If you're looking to do an open skull base or vascular fellowship then it's a different story, especially if you have specific ones in mind. Step 1 scores don't matter and neither to ABNS scores, but publications and references from home institution attendings are crucial.

[-]
Quick Reply

Image Verification
Please enter the text contained within the image into the text box below it. This process is used to prevent automated spam bots.
Image Verification
(case insensitive)