Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Match 2021
Ok we know nepotism exists. Nothing we can do except complain. Plenty of children of neurosurgery faculty have matched at top programs in the past few years although they had CVs/scores that would get them unmatched otherwise.
Is everyone getting all these post-match surveys?
(03-24-2021, 03:15 PM)Guest Wrote: or you can be an american who went to a medschool abroad but has a parent whose a neurosurgery chair

You are being generous with that description
You can also be an american who went to med school here but has a parent whose a neurosurgery chair. What's your point?
Nepotism happens every year. Everyone will always know who it helped.
(03-24-2021, 03:15 PM)Guest Wrote: or you can be an american who went to a medschool abroad but has a parent whose a neurosurgery chair

Name and shame!
It's literally on the spreadsheet....

Also to be fair, I interviewed at a place with them and they seemed awesome, so not sure it's fair to call it nepotism...
hey yeah it's me! i love the supportive environment we're cultivating in the field!! 1) went abroad by choice not necessity - gave me some awesome opportunities for medical outreach and global health involvement 2) can't change who my parents are, but very inspired by them daily and if anything have had to try to prove myself above and beyond because of that and have felt apprehensive about the match for exactly this reason 3) I'm not sure how this conversation is productive in any way, and was quite disheartened by this whole thread. any kind of imposter syndrome you guys feel, imagine that times 1000 and that's what it is like to be related to some incredible names in medicine.

Unsure why I felt the need to justify any of these posts with a response, however I would hope maybe in the future some of you might give people the benefit of the doubt. Especially if you haven't met them, or maximum met them during an interview environment online lol. Feel free to send me an email - as was mentioned above it's literally on the spreadsheet - if you'd like to have a more positive discussion, and not just shit talk on an anonymous forum.

For whoever I seemed to offend by my application this year and the match outcome, I do apologize and wish you success and happiness in any of your future endeavors.
(03-25-2021, 12:14 AM)Guest Wrote: hey yeah it's me! i love the supportive environment we're cultivating in the field!! 1) went abroad by choice not necessity - gave me some awesome opportunities for medical outreach and global health involvement 2) can't change who my parents are, but very inspired by them daily and if anything have had to try to prove myself above and beyond because of that and have felt apprehensive about the match for exactly this reason 3) I'm not sure how this conversation is productive in any way, and was quite disheartened by this whole thread. any kind of imposter syndrome you guys feel, imagine that times 1000 and that's what it is like to be related to some incredible names in medicine.

Unsure why I felt the need to justify any of these posts with a response, however I would hope maybe in the future some of you might give people the benefit of the doubt. Especially if you haven't met them, or maximum met them during an interview environment online lol. Feel free to send me an email - as was mentioned above it's literally on the spreadsheet - if you'd like to have a more positive discussion, and not just shit talk on an anonymous forum.

For whoever I seemed to offend by my application this year and the match outcome, I do apologize and wish you success and happiness in any of your future endeavors.

well said.
(03-25-2021, 12:14 AM)Guest Wrote: hey yeah it's me! i love the supportive environment we're cultivating in the field!! 1) went abroad by choice not necessity - gave me some awesome opportunities for medical outreach and global health involvement 2) can't change who my parents are, but very inspired by them daily and if anything have had to try to prove myself above and beyond because of that and have felt apprehensive about the match for exactly this reason 3) I'm not sure how this conversation is productive in any way, and was quite disheartened by this whole thread. any kind of imposter syndrome you guys feel, imagine that times 1000 and that's what it is like to be related to some incredible names in medicine.

I was following and agreeing with you defending yourself until you said you have a 1000x harder. Seriously? Lol

[-]
Quick Reply

Image Verification
Please enter the text contained within the image into the text box below it. This process is used to prevent automated spam bots.
Image Verification
(case insensitive)