Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Match 2021
(03-28-2021, 02:47 PM)Guest Wrote:
(03-28-2021, 05:33 AM)Guest Wrote:
(03-25-2021, 09:40 AM)Guest Wrote: This is ridiculous. If you're pissed with where you matched, do better and work harder. It's not like all 50 spots at top programs were filled my chairmens' children and its not like a department cares who your parents are when they need you to help run the service. See the mess that's happened at Columbia for that very reason (not to say the resident wasn't also a great candidate). Curious to see what happens at Brown. Great candidate and great PD, but a difficult situation for the same reason.

It's similar to how the children of doctors were at an upper hand getting into med school and legacies have an upper hand getting into undergrad. There's no way to truly judge someone's character without lots of exposure so personal connections will always matter more. Be better. Do better. Don't blame the world for acting on you. Blame yourself for not acting on the world.

This thread has turned into personal attacks and a pity party. Sorry to the applicant who was called out. I'm sure you'll make an awesome resident and a great surgeon

what happened at columbia

what happened at brown?

Wait...did brown actually just match the PD's son
It's Rhode Island. Honestly nothing would surprise me

[-]
Quick Reply

Image Verification
Please enter the text contained within the image into the text box below it. This process is used to prevent automated spam bots.
Image Verification
(case insensitive)