Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Programs that allow/encourage innovation/entrepreneurship
(04-08-2021, 11:26 PM)Guest Wrote: Let me know how all ZERO of the patents you create during residency go.

Have two patents, got an R41 as a PI for one of them. Totally possible during residency - even with 2000+ cases. Should never be your priority though.
(04-09-2021, 01:18 PM)drstrange Wrote:
(04-08-2021, 11:26 PM)Guest Wrote: Let me know how all ZERO of the patents you create during residency go.

Have two patents, got an R41 as a PI for one of them. Totally possible during residency - even with 2000+ cases. Should never be your priority though.

Agree. Have just filed one patent at the tail end of my residency.
(04-01-2021, 06:58 PM)Guest Wrote:
(04-01-2021, 09:56 AM)Guest Wrote: Just be wary of what the institution's cut is in any patent you develop during residency or immediately afterwards. It can be as high as 98%. Not that it should affect your rank list (your priority should be to learn how to operate) but check the fine print. This is the one piece of information that dictates all these faculty moves and it is not readily accessible to med students or residents.

This is important ^
I know during the BNI interview, they mentioned that thru their Innovation Center, the resident keeps full rights to any patent that comes out of the process.
Benefits of a non-traditional-academic center I suppose

Wow that is great to hear! Sounds like a dream place for the young and gifted!

[-]
Quick Reply

Image Verification
Please enter the text contained within the image into the text box below it. This process is used to prevent automated spam bots.
Image Verification
(case insensitive)