Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chiller/Broey programs
(04-04-2021, 11:28 AM)Guest Wrote:
(04-03-2021, 10:53 PM)Guest Wrote:
(04-03-2021, 10:37 PM)Guest Wrote: Emory. If you can deal with the volume the people are chill

Pitt, Barrow, Miami, Cinci, UVA, Memphis, LSU.. souththern/Midwestern programs in general more blue collar

Saturday morning conferences. Nuff said.
Which places have Saturday conferences. I will definitely like to avoid those places. No amount of operative experience is worth having to come in for Conferences on Saturdays for 7 years
Emory was once great but now the big names are gone or retirement age. the spine program was completely taken over by ortho.
(04-04-2021, 01:56 PM)Guest Wrote: Emory was once great but now the big names are gone or retirement age. the spine program was completely taken over by ortho.

Probably true, but they have since bright younger folks who will keep the program solid. It's hard to argue with being the only program in a huge catchment area....when you run Level 1 trauma, academic center, private hospitals, and VA (although I don't think they go there anymore), the cases will come and it's bound to be good for training. Same reason why UW, UTSW, Utah, etc. will never be "bad" programs.
(04-04-2021, 12:02 PM)Guest Wrote:
(04-04-2021, 11:28 AM)Guest Wrote:
(04-03-2021, 10:53 PM)Guest Wrote:
(04-03-2021, 10:37 PM)Guest Wrote: Emory. If you can deal with the volume the people are chill

Pitt, Barrow, Miami, Cinci, UVA, Memphis, LSU.. souththern/Midwestern programs in general more blue collar

Saturday morning conferences. Nuff said.
Which places have Saturday conferences. I will definitely like to avoid those places. No amount of operative experience is worth having to come in for Conferences on Saturdays for 7 years
Seriously
UVA had sat conferences when I applied years ago. I don't know of other programs that have it.
^ UVA was the only program this year I can recall that had Sat conf
UVA and Iowa for sure. The great John Jane, Sr had a reason why he made it that way. But definitely didn't want to come on Sat for 7 years so didn't consider them.
(04-04-2021, 09:18 AM)Guest Wrote:
(04-04-2021, 09:08 AM)Guest Wrote: Anyone that thinks you don’t get pounded into the earth at Pitt is ignorant. Their residents looks like they haven’t seen the light of day in years. It’s a great program with a lot of innovators and their recent grads have done great, but it’s probably the most intense/malignant place I saw on the trail. There’s camaraderie among residents, but you don’t do 9000 cases/yr without doing 9000 discharges and post-ops per year. Also one of the attendings choked a resident? Just be careful what you read on here

Places with awesome resident culture in addition to above were CWRU, Yale, UNC, Cornell, Allegheny

Would not put UVA and Miami on that list, even though they’re great programs, just as I wouldn’t put Emory on that list. None of those programs are “chill”

What happened to that attending?

how do you choke a resident and get away with it??
He is still working there. Says a lot about the culture there. It is a great program when it comes to surgical training, no one can deny that, but it doesn’t suit every personality.
Places with awesome resident culture in addition to above were CWRU, Yale, UNC, Cornell, Allegheny

This looks like the start of a list of programs that enjoy talking about being neurosurgeons but don’t enjoy doing neurosurgery.

[-]
Quick Reply

Image Verification
Please enter the text contained within the image into the text box below it. This process is used to prevent automated spam bots.
Image Verification
(case insensitive)