Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
3rd year shelf exams/grades
been getting B's & C's on shelf exams during the 3rd year.....is that too low for neurosurgery? How are 3rd year grades looked at by residency directors? Its so random at times. Idk if I will honor anything
(05-11-2021, 09:35 AM)Guest Wrote: been getting B's & C's on shelf exams during the 3rd year.....is that too low for neurosurgery? How are 3rd year grades looked at by residency directors? Its so random at times. Idk if I will honor anything

Tighten up, ace the remaining clerks hips. Application cycle is brutal and will find anyway to weed you out. Not saying clerkship grades matter all that match but a bunch of C’s raises eyebrows for sure and diminish your chances
(05-11-2021, 09:35 AM)Guest Wrote: been getting B's & C's on shelf exams during the 3rd year.....is that too low for neurosurgery? How are 3rd year grades looked at by residency directors? Its so random at times. Idk if I will honor anything

If all else is solid (research, step, letters) doubt this will hurt you much. my grades were average from a lower tier school and I still matched (if just matching is your goal)
Neurology would love someone who graduated.
Graduating chief resident from a top-10 program this year.

You'll be fine as long as you aced Step 1, do some research, and probably most importantly, be a normal person.

[-]
Quick Reply

Image Verification
Please enter the text contained within the image into the text box below it. This process is used to prevent automated spam bots.
Image Verification
(case insensitive)