Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Upcoming interview season?
Any chatter about what will happen with interviews this year? A few years ago I had to take out a loan to cover the cost of travel just for the privilege of having attendings address me by the wrong name, review charts on Epic, and surf the internet during my interviews. OB/GYN and ophtho are doing virtual interviews followed by optional second look weekends (after programs have submitted rank lists). My program is waiting for guidance from a governing body. It won’t be a good look for the field if AANS/CNS don’t follow suit... anyone have inside information?
Yes I do.
(05-15-2021, 04:25 PM)Guest Wrote: Any chatter about what will happen with interviews this year? A few years ago I had to take out a loan to cover the cost of travel just for the privilege of having attendings address me by the wrong name, review charts on Epic, and surf the internet during my interviews. OB/GYN and ophtho are doing virtual interviews followed by optional second look weekends (after programs have submitted rank lists). My program is waiting for guidance from a governing body. It won’t be a good look for the field if AANS/CNS don’t follow suit... anyone have inside information?

I don’t have any info, but I agree nsgy is going to look stupid if we don’t interview virtually
Curious about this as well. Add peds to the list
Found this on the AAMC specialty info website (https://services.aamc.org/eras/erasstats/par/report.cfm):

From Neurosurgery: https://students-residents.aamc.org/medi...1/download

Specifically point #3: "Neurological Surgery supports a hybrid system of initial virtual interviews and an optional secondary in-person component for 2021-2022. Data-driven development of a national policy to ensure equity, fiscal responsibility, and education for the in-person component of the recruitment cycle in ongoing."
Anyone working on an applicant group chat for this year?
Awesome. Thanks for sharing!
(06-19-2021, 09:58 PM)Guest Wrote: Anyone working on an applicant group chat for this year?

Should we make an enormous GroupMe? I’m down
(06-21-2021, 02:35 AM)Guest Wrote:
(06-19-2021, 09:58 PM)Guest Wrote: Anyone working on an applicant group chat for this year?

Should we make an enormous GroupMe? I’m down

do we have the group chat yet?

[-]
Quick Reply

Image Verification
Please enter the text contained within the image into the text box below it. This process is used to prevent automated spam bots.
Image Verification
(case insensitive)