Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Delashaw at Tulane
vile, criminal indeed. tulane is going to the gutters.
Not sure why people are saying this is criminal. The man is a competent surgeon, and gifted educator. He hasn’t been convicted of any crime, and presumably he will be licensed to practice medicine on Louisiana. What’s the problem here?
(06-13-2021, 06:30 PM)Guest Wrote: Not sure why people are saying this is criminal. The man is a competent surgeon, and gifted educator. He hasn’t been convicted of any crime, and presumably he will be licensed to practice medicine on Louisiana. What’s the problem here?

Not sure why the word criminal is being used. However, I have heard that he lets his fellows practice essentially unsupervised while billing the patients under his own name. "Trial and error" learning and you know what that means.
he is a very nice guy. not sure why he is being attacked here.
http://projects.seattletimes.com/2017/qu.../hospital/
Who cares if he's a nice guy? Anybody can be nice to colleagues. These allegations are horrible and due to the fact that his libel lawsuit was dismissed, and the sheer number of complaints over more than a decade, it's fair to say this man is lacking integrity and morals.

I also don't get how people can defend him based on the great experience his fellows got?? Just think for a second why. How does one evaluate a good spine surgeon these days? Look at how many of their patients don't get operated on. Look at Delashaws volume and tell me he even thinks about not operating on patients that don't know any better
Plus all of his statements essentially boil down to 'they're all jelly of my success'
The notion that the measure of a spine surgeon is how many people he doesn’t operate on is bizarre, and clearly that statement came from an individual that has only a beginners knowledge of the field of neurosurgery at best
(06-17-2021, 07:21 PM)Guest Wrote: The notion that the measure of a spine surgeon is how many people he doesn’t operate on is bizarre, and clearly that statement came from an individual that has only a beginners knowledge of the field of neurosurgery at best

So operating on anyone and everyone you can is ok with you? That is what Delashaw does. Operates spine on anyone who wants it. Apparently that is a great surgeon.

From the article:

Quote:The records show that Dr. Scott Goodwin, the chair of the Department of Radiological Sciences at UC Irvine, testified that doctors in his department had flagged more than 40 Delashaw cases that concerned them. The flagged cases included surgeries that were potentially unnecessary and others that involved significant complications for the patient.

The doctors had also seen scans of Delashaw patients who had undergone brain-tumor surgery “where so little of the tumor was removed you couldn’t tell the difference pre- and postoperatively,” Goodwin said. He declined to comment for this story.

Dr. Hamid Djalilian, a surgeon, described how Delashaw pressed to do a procedure against a patient’s wishes in one case, according to records. Djalilian also said in his testimony that Delashaw’s complication rate was “higher than anybody else I’ve ever seen in my life.” Djalilian declined to comment, referring questions to a UC Irvine spokesman.

Another doctor, who had been a resident under Delashaw, testified that Delashaw wanted to get rid of a patient whose family wasn’t coming to get him, according to the records. The patient was an undocumented immigrant, so Delashaw instructed residents to call U.S. immigration officials, said the former resident, Dr. Alexa Reeves Smith. Smith, who declined comment for this story, testified that she didn’t initially make the call but ultimately did after Delashaw ordered it. She said Delashaw later denied making the demand.
Sounds like a modern day Cushing. A real son of a bitch.

[-]
Quick Reply

Image Verification
Please enter the text contained within the image into the text box below it. This process is used to prevent automated spam bots.
Image Verification
(case insensitive)