Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Delashaw at Tulane
He got rid of the illegal immigrant patient by calling ICE. Sounds very politically incorrect.
(06-17-2021, 08:25 PM)Guest Wrote: GuestThe notion that the measure of a spine surgeon is how many people he doesn’t operate on is bizarre, and clearly that statement came from an individual that has only a beginners knowledge of the field of neurosurgery at best

Quote:The records show that Dr. Scott Goodwin, the chair of the Department of Radiological Sciences at UC Irvine, testified that doctors in his department had flagged more than 40 Delashaw cases that concerned them. The flagged cases included surgeries that were potentially unnecessary and others that involved significant complications for the patient.
Interventional radiologists get salty when an aneurysm is clipped not coiled
Seems like, over more than a decade, everyone around him was salty
Looks like most of the allegations were made by the techs. ALWAYS be careful of the techs. My son is in med school now. But prior, he was in an MS program for some lab tech stuff. Faced A LOT of problems, and they wanted to screw him up, so I had to take legal action and they dropped charges.

As I said, my son is in med school and is working to become a surgeon like me. But the techs wanted to derail his career by putting some charges on his transcript, wanted to ruin him. 

ALWAYS be careful of the techs.
agreed. always be careful of the techs and midlevels. some of the female ones can be vindictive and they want to ruin you. jealousy.
(06-19-2021, 02:20 AM)Harvard / Yale Neurosurgeon Wrote: Looks like most of the allegations were made by the techs. ALWAYS be careful of the techs. My son is in med school now. But prior, he was in an MS program for some lab tech stuff. Faced A LOT of problems, and they wanted to screw him up, so I had to take legal action and they dropped charges.

As I said, my son is in med school and is working to become a surgeon like me. But the techs wanted to derail his career by putting some charges on his transcript, wanted to ruin him. 

ALWAYS be careful of the techs.

Like father, like son.
(06-19-2021, 12:52 PM)Guest Wrote: Like father, like son.

Thank you for that, great people say that. I have given my life to serving this field and patients so it is great that my son would follow in my footsteps. I feel I deserve it in a way. I joined this forum so that I could better help my son. 

Mind you, it was a somewhat rocky ride to medical school, but he made it into a decent mid-tier MD school. I joined this place to help him out as he wants to go ns. I wish he could have gotten in a big-name school, but any MD school is good I suppose. 

I always warn him to stay clear form the females and mid-levels and techs, they will accuse you and destroy your life especially nowadays with metoo. Do what I did and play it safe. He cleared the hard way and his career was about to be derailed by a tech. 

I would give the same advice to you all.
Bringing it back to Delashaw, I’m not justifying his practices (mostly because nobody knows what really happened unless you were there), but his fatal error was probably being an asshole. Was Delashaw the only guy that ran multiple rooms, had minimal involvement in some of his cases, and had complications that likely could have been avoided with better oversight? Definitely not, particularly during the time period during which these allegations were made. These things definitely happen at my institution. But when you’re an asshole and piss people off, they put you under the microscope, scrutinize your every move, and start building a paper trail. I’m not saying you should be nice so you can get away with unethical behavior, I’m saying be nice to protect yourself. If people like you, they’re willing to forgive quite a bit.
(06-20-2021, 10:25 AM)Guest Wrote: Bringing it back to Delashaw, I’m not justifying his practices (mostly because nobody knows what really happened unless you were there), but his fatal error was probably being an asshole. Was Delashaw the only guy that ran multiple rooms, had minimal involvement in some of his cases, and had complications that likely could have been avoided with better oversight? Definitely not, particularly during the time period during which these allegations were made. These things definitely happen at my institution. But when you’re an asshole and piss people off, they put you under the microscope, scrutinize your every move, and start building a paper trail. I’m not saying you should be nice so you can get away with unethical behavior, I’m saying be nice to protect yourself. If people like you, they’re willing to forgive quite a bit.

100% True. Don’t be Harvey Cushing.
Quote:A Thurston County judge has upheld the Washington Medical Commission’s decision last year to impose restrictions on a former Swedish Health neurosurgeon when reinstating his medical license, including barring him from holding a medical leadership position.

Judge James Dixon last week rejected arguments by attorneys for Dr. Johnny B. Delashaw, Jr., whose appeal sought to remove the restrictions on his license that also required him to submit to three years of oversight, pay a $10,000 fine, agree to be evaluated for disruptive behavior by an approved outside entity and comply with recommendations from the evaluators.

“The Commission found that the unprofessional conduct of the petitioner contributed to a loss of experienced professionals and staff, thereby placing patients at increased risk,” Dixon ruled. “The record is replete with evidence regarding nurse and staff complaints, instances of being intimidated, being subjected to retaliation, and discouraged.”

Yikes. Looks like he was kicked out of Washington state lol.

[-]
Quick Reply

Image Verification
Please enter the text contained within the image into the text box below it. This process is used to prevent automated spam bots.
Image Verification
(case insensitive)