Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
UCLA?
How is UCLA as a training program? seems like lots of research going on but questionable operative experience...
(06-07-2021, 12:02 PM)Guest Wrote: How is UCLA as a training program? seems like lots of research going on but questionable operative experience...

Superior operative experience.
(06-11-2021, 04:45 PM)Guest Wrote:
(06-07-2021, 12:02 PM)Guest Wrote: How is UCLA as a training program? seems like lots of research going on but questionable operative experience...

i beg to differ.
(06-11-2021, 08:37 PM)Guest Wrote:
(06-11-2021, 04:45 PM)Guest Wrote:

i beg to differ.

Sorry, sorry, Prime operative experience.
I guess that I'll try to add to the above, since both posters added their opinion with no further rationale. This is based on my interview last year.

UCLA is a traditional "research heavy program". If you want basic or clinical research it's there with many faculty in many subspecialties. From a clinical / operative standpoint, I felt they measure up well compared to the other "research" programs. This is because they rotate at sites that inherently give autonomy (VA and a community hospital I don't remember the name of). If you want a true "operative" program, the traditional places like Miami or UW may be a better fit.
how is their county rotation?
whats happening with spine there?
(06-23-2021, 04:10 PM)Guest Wrote: how is their county rotation?

Sexy
UCLA seems pretty great.
(07-20-2021, 02:30 PM)Guest Wrote: UCLA seems pretty great.

definitely the up and coming program of the west coast.

[-]
Quick Reply

Image Verification
Please enter the text contained within the image into the text box below it. This process is used to prevent automated spam bots.
Image Verification
(case insensitive)