Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Diversity
In this day and age as long as you are nice and friendly you do not even have to be very good.
the all-caps poster is exactly what I meant with a cesspool of toxic people. Cry louder. I'm so happy most programs give their residents a lot of power in selecting residents. You can't teach being nice and friendly to a 25-30 yo, but neurosurgery for sure. All of you egomaniacs crying because people emphasize characters more, forget that we're talking about medicine. If you had an ounce of respect for this vocation, you'd try to work on your character as much as you do on your publications
(08-19-2021, 12:32 PM)Guest Wrote: the all-caps poster is exactly what I meant with a cesspool of toxic people. Cry louder. I'm so happy most programs give their residents a lot of power in selecting residents. You can't teach being nice and friendly to a 25-30 yo, but neurosurgery for sure. All of you egomaniacs crying because people emphasize characters more, forget that we're talking about medicine. If you had an ounce of respect for this vocation, you'd try to work on your character as much as you do on your publications

So diverse applicants magically have better character? Try again.
I don’t think organized neurosurgery likes itself very much and is looking for a change.
(08-19-2021, 01:07 PM)Guest Wrote:
(08-19-2021, 12:32 PM)Guest Wrote: the all-caps poster is exactly what I meant with a cesspool of toxic people. Cry louder. I'm so happy most programs give their residents a lot of power in selecting residents. You can't teach being nice and friendly to a 25-30 yo, but neurosurgery for sure. All of you egomaniacs crying because people emphasize characters more, forget that we're talking about medicine. If you had an ounce of respect for this vocation, you'd try to work on your character as much as you do on your publications

But diverse applicants are automatically academically and intellectually inferior? You gotta figure out if you’re fo sweeping generalizations or not my dude.
(08-19-2021, 01:57 PM)Blue Fire Wrote:
(08-19-2021, 01:07 PM)Guest Wrote:

But diverse applicants are automatically academically and intellectually inferior? You gotta figure out if you’re fo sweeping generalizations or not my dude.

I don’t know the data, there’s nowhere that’s broken down. I haven’t made any statements to that effect, but ranking applicants based on race is wrong one direction or the other. You can’t solve racism with racism.
It wont be long before we are all brown.
Look at the publications. Which group is carrying the field forward? By and large, white and Asian men.

Most of the blacks and female surgeons go into PP spine and push fusion for back pain.
So funny how folks become keyboard warriors when anonymity is keeping them safe. This is coming from an actual resident and guess what yte tears MCAT and step are all pieces of a game that was created for you and by you. Congrats at winning at a rigged game! But I have an even deeper secret for you. Yeah those brown people and those women you are talking about right now. They have more grit and steeled reserve to get past the adversity/challenge that is neurosurgery. So hide behind your board scores. It means nothing when it comes to having what it takes to make the right decision when it’s needed or how to move forward when all you see is the worst part of life.. Sorry no one told you. You silver spooned snot nosed stuck up…they are coming for you and they will lap you in the Or. You’re a dying breed. Thank God folks like you can only exist in the recesses of a barely used forum. Enjoy.
(08-19-2021, 08:26 PM)Guest Wrote: So funny how folks become keyboard warriors when anonymity is keeping them safe. This is coming from an actual resident and guess what yte tears MCAT and step are all pieces of a game that was created for you and by you. Congrats at winning at a rigged game! But I have an even deeper secret for you. Yeah those brown people and those women you are talking about right now. They have more grit and steeled reserve to get past the adversity/challenge that is neurosurgery. So hide behind your board scores. It means nothing when it comes to having what it takes to make the right decision when it’s needed or how to move forward when all you see is the worst part of life.. Sorry no one told you. You silver spooned snot nosed stuck up…they are coming for you and they will lap you in the Or. You’re a dying breed. Thank God folks like you can only exist in the recesses of a barely used forum. Enjoy.

You sound like an affirmative action hire yourself. Can barely spell and write; can't formulate coherent sentences.

[-]
Quick Reply

Image Verification
Please enter the text contained within the image into the text box below it. This process is used to prevent automated spam bots.
Image Verification
(case insensitive)