Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Diversity
(08-29-2021, 10:14 PM)Guest Wrote: Focus and Harvard Yale do know guys know each other? Sounds like you two have a history.

Not that I know of. However, we all know people like Focus. They usually tend to be PhDs/mid-levels/staff. I knew a PhD in some research oversight position that used to terrorize the MDs and med students with charges of research misconduct. A true bitch. These low-level people use whatever little power they have to put others down. 

Rather unusual to see a surgeon behave like that, with more limited time, but it happens.

some people are just so jealous they just look for ways to put others down, and use "academic integrity" as a guise to bully and destroy others.

If you see a lie, keep it to yourself.
"to get a black"
"you would be the only person doing this shit. fucker"
"I hope the same happens to you you fucking bastard"
"Filth from another bastard who likes to ruin lives"
"Fuck off bitch"
"Hey bitch"
"Too bad for you fuckers"
"A true bitch"
"If you see a lie, keep it to yourself"

Why is this tolerated? Speaking as a neurosurgery resident at a Harvard / Yale program, this is ridiculous
Admins are a joke here. This is the worst person on this forum (which says a lot) and nothing is done
For better or worse neurosurgical forum users have always been wary of attempts to heavily moderate. Case in point why student doctor network did not take over after the original Uncle Harvey closed down. If I remember correctly it was accused of being Draconian at the time by one forum member. If more users elected to sign up for anonymous accounts then traffic could be diverted to parts of this forum that required login to post. admin can speak more to it perhaps.
(08-30-2021, 06:00 PM)Guest Wrote: Admins are a joke here. This is the worst person on this forum (which says a lot) and nothing is done

Nothing has been flagged
(08-30-2021, 02:48 PM)Guest Wrote: "to get a black"
"Fuck off bitch"
"Hey bitch"
"A true bitch"

Why is this tolerated? Speaking as a neurosurgery resident at a Harvard / Yale program, this is ridiculous
“If you see a lie, keep it to yourself.” This poster is shouting “Troll” from the mountaintops. What neurosurgical parent puts their kid on their papers and then says crazy things on a medical student message board in the middle of the night?
(08-30-2021, 11:02 PM)Come on Wrote:
"Fuck off bitch"
"Hey bitch"
"A true bitch"

“If you see a lie, keep it to yourself.” This poster is shouting “Troll” from the mountaintops. What neurosurgical parent puts their kid on their papers and then says crazy things on a medical student message board in the middle of the night?

He looks like an applicant who fantasizes about having a Harvard neurosurgeon dad who helps him out. Its very sad. Most likely he has a dad who doesn't know his name. If that is the case, I do hope he gets in, but gets help. 

Alternatively, he may be an older neurosurgeon. We all know older surgeons who think exactly like that, but who keep off the internet. Once in a while, one such surgeon will log on...
(08-30-2021, 11:29 PM)Guest Wrote:
(08-30-2021, 11:02 PM)Come on Wrote:
"Fuck off bitch"
"Hey bitch"
"A true bitch"

He looks like an applicant who fantasizes about having a Harvard neurosurgeon dad who helps him out. Its very sad. Most likely he has a dad who doesn't know his name. If that is the case, I do hope he gets in, but gets help. 

Alternatively, he may be an older neurosurgeon. We all know older surgeons who think exactly like that, but who keep off the internet. Once in a while, one such surgeon will log on...

Based on his content I believe that he is probably a student of South Asian ethnicity at an osteopathic school who may have lied about his ethnicity to get in and blames the fact that Harvard did not accept him with a below average MCAT score is because of diversity hires.
Say what you will, this form is a goldmine of information. For example, I did not know it was common to search for technical errors and then disqualify applicants based on said technical errors.
this thread is pathetic. people arguing against diversity on the grounds of keeping "the bar high" and touting the merits of nepotism in the same breath. if there is any brain drain going on within the field at all it assuredly because of the culture (or lack thereof). i hope this forum is not representative of my colleagues' thoughts.

[-]
Quick Reply

Image Verification
Please enter the text contained within the image into the text box below it. This process is used to prevent automated spam bots.
Image Verification
(case insensitive)