Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WashU St. Louis
I’ve heard she had a relationship with the chair that went south. Can anyone confirm or deny, where is she now?
If you 'heard' that, why don't you keep it to yourself, like a grown-up? I never understood those gossip-girl personalities in academia
(08-26-2021, 05:26 PM)Guest Wrote: If you 'heard' that, why don't you keep it to yourself, like a grown-up? I never understood those gossip-girl personalities in academia

It’s the same type of person who was insecure in high school and college to a point of internalization. Instead of working on or even accepting whatever social flaws they displayed that made Courtney from geometry class hardly notice their existence, they decided that to look better they needed to put their “competition” down by petty insult. 

These people have so strongly welcomed the “criticizing asshole” trope into their uninteresting list of personality traits that they have not been able to realize that it doesn’t make them any more desirable as humans now, nor does it turn back time and get them invited to more high school parties. 

But naw man. That totally can’t apply to you reading this with the original intention of coming to this site to needlessly insult and gossip about your colleagues. You’re *special* and obviously way too cerebral for Courtney or Jessica (or whatever the name of that girl in hs who you are way too important and busy and self-satisfied to remember) was anyway.
If that is the case, the chair has professionalism and communication issues and should be fired. That is unacceptable behavior.
If she was having a relationship with the Chair that would be grounds for dismissing them both. Very unprofessional
(08-26-2021, 06:28 PM)Guest Wrote: If she was having a relationship with the Chair that would be grounds for dismissing them both. Very unprofessional

Professional relationship as in mentor/mentee
Yeah go ahead and put possible professionalism issues as a cover for your petty gossip. Fact is that nobody here knows shit. I quote: "I heard..., can anybody confirm?" The likelihood of that rumor doing major damage to a person, not just professionally but also in their personal lives, compared to you people being right by discussing things that you heard about and need confirmation about for possible professionalism issues that, in your understanding, might not have been handled appropriately, is stupid and malignant beyond measure.

It is the same behavior that was displayed by many others on this forum, just sharing random rumors with the world instead of doing things with your time that will actually get you further in life. Everyone who posts these things should seriously reevaluate their behavior and character traits
don't fuck and suck at work. good advice.
(08-26-2021, 06:48 PM)Guest Wrote:
(08-26-2021, 06:28 PM)Guest Wrote: If she was having a relationship with the Chair that would be grounds for dismissing them both. Very unprofessional

Professional relationship as in mentor/mentee

Interesting...
And the PD has changed again. What’s going on there?

[-]
Quick Reply

Image Verification
Please enter the text contained within the image into the text box below it. This process is used to prevent automated spam bots.
Image Verification
(case insensitive)