Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
how many LOR this cycle?
How many LOR should we get this cycle?

I was thinking 1 from away, one from home dept (PD or chair) and one from research mentor. Is that enough?
What good is a LOR when you only know someone for a month?
You see these chairs writing 40 letters a cycle for their 40 SubIs when they barely have time for their primary responsibilities and you wonder how accurate or useful these LORs actually are
Real question tho - is 4 necessary?
How does one get LOR if they were let go from a program? Is there a way to rotate at other hospitals or do unaccredited fellowship?

(08-27-2021, 05:03 PM)Guest Wrote: How does one get LOR if they were let go from a program?  Is there a way to rotate at other hospitals or do unaccredited fellowship?

There is always a way.  The IMG candidates have found a way.  Other people have succeeded in getting into a 2nd program.  You just need to see what they did and try your best.  Tough situation.
What do LOR actually mean to program? Who writes them? Is it actually the residents? I cant imagine having that much face time with the PD or Chair and them being able to say significantly different things. I assume they look at board scores, research, and perhaps how you present yourself and then make up some arbitrary good/better/best applicant ranking.

[-]
Quick Reply

Image Verification
Please enter the text contained within the image into the text box below it. This process is used to prevent automated spam bots.
Image Verification
(case insensitive)