Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Struggling intern
I'm a new intern and I feel every day that I'm struggling and not good enough. Does anyone have any advice?
Totally, i go through this now and then, but mostly during my junior years. Sounds like u have imposter syndrome. I recommend reading into it https://discover.vumc.org/2020/08/recogn...-syndrome/

Being in the medical profession it's likely u set high expectations on yourself and are easy to self criticize, increasing the likelihood of feeling disappointed in yourself. You likely also grew up trying to impress ppl and afraid to disappoint them. This all leads to feeling you are not good enough when in reality that may not be true. I recommend seeking feedback from your seniors to really see how u are doing.
(08-28-2021, 01:06 PM)Guest Wrote: I'm a new intern and I feel every day that I'm struggling and not good enough. Does anyone have any advice?

You shouldn't even worry about this feeling, you are only two months into intern year. This is a totally normal feeling. Just keep working hard, listen to your seniors, and try to read every night.

[-]
Quick Reply

Image Verification
Please enter the text contained within the image into the text box below it. This process is used to prevent automated spam bots.
Image Verification
(case insensitive)