Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Endovascular Neurosurgery
What percentage of endovascular neurosurgery cases are elective vs emergency.  Is it possible to build a practice doing 100% elective endovascular cases.  I loathe spine, is it possible to do intracranial and endovascular and have enough cases for 2 days of OR in private practice.  I guess I can stand one or two MIS every 2 weeks...
(05-20-2017, 09:29 PM)lifestyle Wrote: What percentage of endovascular neurosurgery cases are elective vs emergency.  Is it possible to build a practice doing 100% elective endovascular cases.  I loathe spine, is it possible to do intracranial and endovascular and have enough cases for 2 days of OR in private practice.  I guess I can stand one or two MIS every 2 weeks...

There are a lot of elective endo cases, however the call is standard SAH/Stroke call and miserable.

FWIW, with this type of post I would not be surprised if you get flamed.  No one wants to take call, but the more people who don't means the more call for those who do.  I hate to be cliche, but if you did not want to take call in your practice, you should not have gone in to neurosurgery.
(05-20-2017, 09:29 PM)lifestyle Wrote: What percentage of endovascular neurosurgery cases are elective vs emergency.  Is it possible to build a practice doing 100% elective endovascular cases.  I loathe spine, is it possible to do intracranial and endovascular and have enough cases for 2 days of OR in private practice.  I guess I can stand one or two MIS every 2 weeks...

you "loathe" spine and hate emergent cases? what are you, a pre-med student?

I'd look into derm.

[-]
Quick Reply

Image Verification
Please enter the text contained within the image into the text box below it. This process is used to prevent automated spam bots.
Image Verification
(case insensitive)