Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How is this allowed?
(10-23-2021, 02:47 PM)Guest Wrote:
(10-23-2021, 02:27 PM)Guest Wrote:
(10-23-2021, 10:59 AM)Guest Wrote: https://linknotvalid

Seems a bit unfair that she went on 3 “home” sub-I’s at separate Mayo locations.
Can't blame a system that takes care of their students and wants them to succeed. Mayo allows thier students to travel in their system via observerships. She is always grinding and showing face in the nsgy communtiy. Seen her name multiple times over the last 2 years. Hate to say it but if you all wanted to be in a better position you should have went/worked towards better programs, plain and simple. Just focus on you and what you can control and move on.
 Lol. The idea that people that did one institution didn’t “work hard enough” is absurd. If you go to Hopkins/UCSF/WashU for Med school you didn’t work hard enough because your school isn’t a multi-State system that allows you to travel to 3 programs during a pandemic? Seriously. No logic in anything you said.
I'm sure those at Hopkins/UCSF/WashU are not posting about how someone else is doing compared to them since they did what they needed to in the first place. Theres much more to the process than just a sub-I. They probably either sub'ed with her or before better yet lol. Focus on you and what you can control and move on. 
(10-23-2021, 03:08 PM)Guest Wrote:
(10-23-2021, 02:47 PM)Guest Wrote:
(10-23-2021, 02:27 PM)Guest Wrote:

Seems a bit unfair that she went on 3 “home” sub-I’s at separate Mayo locations.
Can't blame a system that takes care of their students and wants them to succeed. Mayo allows thier students to travel in their system via observerships. She is always grinding and showing face in the nsgy communtiy. Seen her name multiple times over the last 2 years. Hate to say it but if you all wanted to be in a better position you should have went/worked towards better programs, plain and simple. Just focus on you and what you can control and move on.
 Lol. The idea that people that did one institution didn’t “work hard enough” is absurd. If you go to Hopkins/UCSF/WashU for Med school you didn’t work hard enough because your school isn’t a multi-State system that allows you to travel to 3 programs during a pandemic? Seriously. No logic in anything you said.
I'm sure those at Hopkins/UCSF/WashU are not posting about how someone else is doing compared to them since they did what they needed to in the first place. Theres much more to the process than just a sub-I. They probably either sub'ed with her or before better yet lol. Focus on you and what you can control and move on. 

Another logical fallacy. The belief that everyone is as self-centered as you and only care about rules/fairness to their own benefit is really only common among the selfish. I have no skin in the game here. She didn’t “take a spot” from me. My comment was solely on the fact that the system is so easily gamed by some looking to have unfair advantages while others abide by the rules, is a problem. We should care. I am not attacking this specific individual and her ability to do 4 rotations does not equate to others not working hard enough. Try to use some critical thinking next time.

Thank you for pointing this out. I am a resident at an “elite” institution and will pay attention to which applicants flaunted the rules.
To those claiming that this doesn’t affect other applicants, it kinda does in a few subtle ways: 1. Every neurosurgery department can only handle a hand full of rotators at a time. Rotating at multiple locations that are not her true home institution could have taken a spot from other applicants. 2. Going on an away (assuming you do well) really helps your shot at a place. It was super shitty having to go for broke on one place this year, but that’s what everyone did to level the playing field. We all have our best shot at our home programs and our single away rotation She, however, has two other options that very few others were allowed the opportunity to receive. 3. Imagine if everyone in the UC or UT system had done this. People would be very (and understandably) upset.
Please discuss the situation and not the person.
The insecure men could not wait to make this a “female” problem. Not surprised.
(10-23-2021, 09:12 PM)Focus Wrote: Please discuss the situation and not the person.

Or the sex..don’t see how her being a woman is relevant smh
The student is not the only one to blame. Shame on the programs for allowing this to happen
(10-23-2021, 11:44 AM)Guest Wrote: While I understand that some might see that as “unfair”, it’s really not nice to call out one individual on A public forum like this. Whatever opportunities and experiences one specific candidate has gotten at the end of the day doesn’t affect our own application. At this point in time, just focus on yourself and move forward.

Duly noted.  Perhaps the individual should not tweet these items and @ the institutions if further scrutiny was not desired.
(10-23-2021, 08:37 PM)Guest Wrote: To those claiming that this doesn’t affect other applicants, it kinda does in a few subtle ways: 1. Every neurosurgery department can only handle a hand full of  rotators at a time. Rotating at multiple locations that are not her true home institution could have taken a spot from other applicants. 2. Going on an away (assuming you do well) really helps your shot at a place. It was super shitty having to go for broke on one place this year, but that’s what everyone did to level the playing field. We all have our best shot at our home programs and our single away rotation She, however, has two other options that very few others were allowed the opportunity to receive. 3. Imagine if everyone in the UC or UT system had done this. People would be very (and understandably) upset.

I think it’s even worst than if this was done in the UC or UT system. The entire point was to avoid travel as a public health measure. The Mayo “system”, is AZ, FL, and MN this is quite literally cross-country travel hundreds of miles, 4 micro environments of exposures. It defeats the entire purpose of limiting aways. 

Not to mention, as you said, leveling the playing field and all accepting/respecting the rules and the intent should have been an obvious conclusion. Her “home” Mayo program had to approve these aways.