Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How is this allowed?
There are some issues here. First, any of those who attacked her would do 3 rotations if they were given the chance. This field is very competitive and in a country that was built on competition/capitalism. She went out of her way to explain the issue even though she doesn't need to. On the other hand, this doesn't mean what she posted is right although each one has their right to post whatever they want at their social media.

Next, I see some posts of daddy issues or those how describe the system unfair. Who told you it was fair from the beginning? Haven't you heard of applicants with < 220 in step 1 who matched at prestigious places just because the chair liked them? Haven't you heard of residents who are well-liked over more capable residents at their programs just because their agenda or jokes align with the chair and program director? Who told you she got a spot of another sub-i applicant by doing extra rotations? Simply, if those were better than her, the school would have taken them over her. Just want until you match then you hope to get into your dream fellowship but you get surprised that someone else with fewer publications/neurosurgery activities was selected because their chair knows that attending. Or wait until you search for dream job and interview there then another one takes it just because they look better than you or have "connections" behind their back. You are going to see this in every step in your life. At least you were able to get into medical school. Some were forced to forgo the idea of going to medical school because of medical issues affected them or their families.

Who told you life is fair at all?!
My 2 cents
Great last post. Since the original content is no longer available, I'm closing this thread.