Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
This is who you are competing with
That’s great! Where did you match?
(10-28-2021, 02:26 PM)Guest Wrote: That’s great! Where did you match?

At your program.
You won’t/didn’t match.
(10-28-2021, 12:09 PM)Guest Wrote: Seriously you shits in your coffee every morning? This is a farce. I spoke about my family in my personal statement. Received over 30 interviews. No program is eliminating candidates if they have a partner/family.

*who not you

mentioning your family in your personal statement for sympathy points is truly the definition of unprofessionalism. Nasty. Appalling. Evil.
(10-28-2021, 06:27 PM)Guest Wrote:
(10-28-2021, 12:09 PM)Guest Wrote: Seriously you shits in your coffee every morning? This is a farce. I spoke about my family in my personal statement. Received over 30 interviews. No program is eliminating candidates if they have a partner/family.

*who not you

mentioning your family in your personal statement for sympathy points is truly the definition of unprofessionalism. Nasty. Appalling. Evil.
 Lmao so first talking about family will get you preemptively screened out and now talking about family will get you sympathy points. You guys are truly a group of just miserable people that are envious of everyone around you because of an undying sense of insufficiency. Good luck with that! 

Newsflash: genuine people match. If part of your story and what’s important to you is genuinely your family then you discuss it. Surprise! I know it’s hard to believe.
Dude, if you have a family prepare to lose it. Neurosurgery wants 100% of you and nothing less.
a lot of these "family" people use their kids to get sympathy points. this includes during residency and beyond, when kids are used as an excuse to get the holidays off and go home early, dumping work on the other residents, who are too afraid to say anything, lest they get blamed for the "kids". and make no mistake, these people blame others for any maladjustment their kids may have--which is to be expected, as the kids inherit the same genes from the parents.
(10-28-2021, 08:52 PM)Guest Wrote: a lot of these "family" people use their kids to get sympathy points. this includes during residency and beyond, when kids are used as an excuse to get the holidays off and go home early, dumping work on the other residents, who are too afraid to say anything, lest they get blamed for the "kids". and make no mistake, these people blame others for any maladjustment their kids may have--which is to be expected, as the kids inherit the same genes from the parents.

What evidence do you have for this? I never experienced that.
So unfair! When you are faculty please don't invite anyone who is married or has kids. Terrible for residency! Too many distractions for them to be great publishers like me.
(10-28-2021, 08:52 PM)Guest Wrote: a lot of these "family" people use their kids to get sympathy points. this includes during residency and beyond, when kids are used as an excuse to get the holidays off and go home early, dumping work on the other residents, who are too afraid to say anything, lest they get blamed for the "kids". and make no mistake, these people blame others for any maladjustment their kids may have--which is to be expected, as the kids inherit the same genes from the parents.

Bro is just mad he's bitter and alone. God this site is so fucking weird

[-]
Quick Reply

Image Verification
Please enter the text contained within the image into the text box below it. This process is used to prevent automated spam bots.
Image Verification
(case insensitive)