Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What is the story with this guy??
(11-04-2021, 12:47 PM)Fucked up Wrote:
(11-03-2021, 09:29 PM)Focus Wrote:
(11-03-2021, 07:55 PM)Guest Wrote: This is what happens when you attend a low ranking medical school. your life is destroyed.

Seriously, I think you should talk to someone in real life about what's eating you.

Well I can't understand to this day why my other biological father would seek to ruin my career in many instances. This fact is eating me. It is completely against the laws of nature. 
Going back to the gentleman who is the subject of this thread, I feel sad for him. If medicine were like Silicon Valley or Wall Street he would succeed. Those industries encourage blunt language and critical thinking. Maybe that's why US medical care is last in the world amongst industrialized nations, because incompetent people who are friendly are the ones who get promoted. 
I've learned the hard way--fortunately, prior to med school--that being nice and submissive and worshiping your mentor will get you a lot. Worship your mentors and never question them--even when they are clearly wrong--is how you do it. 

Never fight. Never argue. Never question. Only worship.

Lol do you really think people in Silicon Valley or Wall Street tell their bosses to shove it?
(11-04-2021, 01:08 PM)Guest Wrote:
(11-04-2021, 12:47 PM)Fucked  up Wrote:
(11-03-2021, 09:29 PM)Focus Wrote:
(11-03-2021, 07:55 PM)Guest Wrote: This is what happens when you attend a low ranking medical school. your life is destroyed.

Seriously, I think you should talk to someone in real life about what's eating you.

Well I can't understand to this day why my other biological father would seek to ruin my career in many instances. This fact is eating me. It is completely against the laws of nature. 
Going back to the gentleman who is the subject of this thread, I feel sad for him. If medicine were like Silicon Valley or Wall Street he would succeed. Those industries encourage blunt language and critical thinking. Maybe that's why US medical care is last in the world amongst industrialized nations, because incompetent people who are friendly are the ones who get promoted. 
I've learned the hard way--fortunately, prior to med school--that being nice and submissive and worshiping your mentor will get you a lot. Worship your mentors and never question them--even when they are clearly wrong--is how you do it. 

Never fight. Never argue. Never question. Only worship.

Lol do you really think people in Silicon Valley or Wall Street tell their bosses to shove it?

The gentleman in question never told his boss that, did he? He just seemed blunt but not overly rude.
The equivalent would be an unpaid intern in SV telling a senior engineer he is shit as his job. You people lack social skills. That simple. Then you get on this board and complain that you are statistically perfect and will do everything right but still not make it. When the reality is your head is so far up your own ass you can’t seem to figure out no one likes being around you and patients certainly wouldn’t choose you to be their physician.
(11-04-2021, 01:32 PM)Guest Wrote: The equivalent would be an unpaid intern in SV telling a senior engineer he is shit as his job. You people lack social skills. That simple. Then you get on this board and complain that you are statistically perfect and will do everything right but still not make it. When the reality is your head is so far up your own ass you can’t seem to figure out no one likes being around you and patients certainly wouldn’t choose you to be their physician.

The senior engineer, awkward and socially inept as he is, probably still has enough grace to tell the kid to his face that he will not be getting a job there and to look elsewhere as opposed to backstabbing. Ya this med student fucked up, but at least the residents were kind enough to tell him what happened so he didn’t go through some endless prelim years and reapplying etc . Golden rule etc; if you fuck up, you want to be told the truth not sweet lies.
No one owes you an apology or explanation for why they don’t want you. No one in the home program owes this kid anything. If they choose to discuss with their colleagues that is their prerogative. I think Isaac Yang said in his Med student seminar for the MSNTC, #1 don’t be an asshole.
(11-04-2021, 02:55 PM)Guest Wrote: No one owes you an apology or explanation for why they don’t want you. No one in the home program owes this kid anything. If they choose to discuss with their colleagues that is their prerogative. I think Isaac Yang said in his Med student seminar for the MSNTC, #1 don’t be an asshole.

Read what you are saying and ask yourself if you sound like an asshole or not??? The lack of insight is insane. These are people who worked years to get where they are and might just be seeking advice on how to salvage what’s left of their life; you truly lack the compassion necessary to be a physician of any kind if you can’t understand this and put yourselves in their shoes.
Believe it or not just because a neurosurgeon has a tantrum in the OR and throws instruments doesn't mean he or she is comfortable having a direct interpersonal conflict and telling someone they suck and aren't a candidate for the residency. Especially nowadays the average ability to stomach that has declined proportionally with the rise of Internet culture. I'm not justifying it as being a right, but neurosurgery makes you dysfunctional outside of a very select group of conditions. As a corollary, probably also makes you very perceptive about those who can be dysfunctionally functional within those conditions.
(11-04-2021, 03:04 PM)Guest Wrote:
(11-04-2021, 02:55 PM)Guest Wrote: No one owes you an apology or explanation for why they don’t want you. No one in the home program owes this kid anything. If they choose to discuss with their colleagues that is their prerogative. I think Isaac Yang said in his Med student seminar for the MSNTC, #1 don’t be an asshole.

Read what you are saying and ask yourself if you sound like an asshole or not??? The lack of insight is insane. These are people who worked years to get where they are and might just be seeking advice on how to salvage what’s left of their life; you truly lack the compassion necessary to be a physician of any kind if you can’t understand this and put yourselves in their shoes.

Oh wow the good ole you can’t be a good physician because you disagree with someone on the internet. The lack of insight for the individuals that act like this for 4-5 years of medical school then are shocked at the outcome is what is actually astounding. Where is the compassion towards hard working residents and attendings that this individual categorically determined, in his limited knowledge and ability, were inferior to him? You want me to feel sorry because again you think somehow this field is owed to you (and others like you). You believe if you have X score you deserve a spot. Sorry, nothing was ever handed to me and I know that just as important as scores is being perceptive, and having good interpersonal skills. So yes let me put myself in their shoes, openly insults their home program for years, think they are better than interns and resident because they put in an EVD as a SubI, proceeds to expect those same people to worship the ground they walk on and go to bag for them. Yeah, still sounds like nonsense.

The same thread resurfaces/takes new form over and over. My low tolerance for the internet whining and expectation that you are owed the right to be in this field, or any field, has zero relevance to being a physician.
(11-04-2021, 05:03 PM)Guest Wrote:
(11-04-2021, 03:04 PM)Guest Wrote:

Oh wow the good ole you can’t be a good physician because you disagree with someone on the internet. The lack of insight for the individuals that act like this for 4-5 years of medical school then are shocked at the outcome is what is actually astounding. Where is the compassion towards hard working residents and attendings that this individual categorically determined, in his limited knowledge and ability, were inferior to him? You want me to feel sorry because again you think somehow this field is owed to you (and others like you). You believe if you have X score you deserve a spot. Sorry, nothing was ever handed to me and I know that just as important as scores is being perceptive, and having good interpersonal skills. So yes let me put myself in their shoes, openly insults their home program for years, think they are better than interns and resident because they put in an EVD as a SubI, proceeds to expect those same people to worship the ground they walk on and go to bag for them. Yeah, still sounds like nonsense.

The same thread resurfaces/takes new form over and over. My low tolerance for the internet whining and expectation that you are owed the right to be in this field, or any field, has zero relevance to being a physician.

Well said.
Ha ha ha ha ha! This is so entertaining! Little puss crying that his daddy is keeping him out of NS! His med school is keeping him out! ?. No one owes you shit. Why the hell would I want to put my patients' lives in the hands of a medical student who thinks he is better than residents? Will the same narcissist as a resident then think he's better than his faculty and make management decisions without input from his seniors and attendings? This is how we get Dr. Death. This is how we destroy neurosurgery. Not by taking students with great attitudes, humility, work ethics, and ethics over those remiss in those qualities but with an extra paper or a few points on an irrelevant exam.

[-]
Quick Reply

Image Verification
Please enter the text contained within the image into the text box below it. This process is used to prevent automated spam bots.
Image Verification
(case insensitive)