Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Good/bad subi experiences this year?
Every program wants every applicant to rank then number one.
I really enjoyed my SubI at Baylor, they interviewed me while I was there and apparently gave me a glowing letter of rec. Spent a ton on parking though with how many sites they have.
Carolinas Medical Center really impressed me with the early operative experience, and culture among residents. Research is increasing with Wake Forest building a medical school in Charlotte opening next year. As a sub-I I was first assisting on subdurals, tumor resections, and was taught to put in percutaneous pedicle screws on my own. The new intern was doing an ETV with the attending holding the camera for him which was really awesome to see. Mid level support is great so if there is a case you are doing the case while they hold pager. All food and parking is paid for as a resident, they get 1900$/year to spend on books/conferences. Also was surprised by how fun of a city Charlotte is. Super competitive since it's only one spot a year so doing a sub-I can go a long way if that's where you want to be for residency.
anyone sub i at mayo (fl or az)? how was it? they sound like good programs, would like to hear more.

also, anyone sub I at stonybrook?

Thank you all

[-]
Quick Reply

Image Verification
Please enter the text contained within the image into the text box below it. This process is used to prevent automated spam bots.
Image Verification
(case insensitive)