Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
No home program/dept?
(01-05-2022, 03:26 PM)Guest Wrote: ^^^Agree with the above posts. Senior resident who reviews apps. I prioritize applications from those who attend low tier schools/no home program with a few posters or a case report to those who have several 5th author papers from an institution that throws everybody's name on something. It's way more valuable and impressive to me to have someone who has actually completed the entire effort themselves - from coordinating an idea with an attending, collecting the data, interpreting and analyzing the data/case, to the writing, editing, submitting, formatting, responding to reviewers, etc. Those skills translate into self-sufficient, resourceful co-residents who dont call you for every single question and actually get the work done right.

We know which med schools/programs are a research candy store. Having unyielding access to editors, illustrators, data analysts, etc will certainly get your name on a lot of projects, which means nothing to me as your chief if you don't have your own set of skills.

Thank you for this information.

[-]
Quick Reply

Image Verification
Please enter the text contained within the image into the text box below it. This process is used to prevent automated spam bots.
Image Verification
(case insensitive)