Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"If you're really interested, come visit us"
(11-18-2021, 12:30 AM)Guest Wrote: Has anybody else been hearing this on the trail? Have heard it from 3-4 places now. A couple interviewers have even strongly suggested that coming by in person would help my chances. 

Is this cycle going to turn into a game of who can make the most rendezvous with these programs?

This is a blatant match violation. If this happens to you, anonymously report it to ACGME ASAP.

Source: am chief at neurosurgical residency
(12-02-2021, 12:23 PM)Guest Wrote:
(11-18-2021, 12:30 AM)Guest Wrote: Has anybody else been hearing this on the trail? Have heard it from 3-4 places now. A couple interviewers have even strongly suggested that coming by in person would help my chances. 

Is this cycle going to turn into a game of who can make the most rendezvous with these programs?

This is a blatant match violation. If this happens to you, anonymously report it to ACGME ASAP.

And what’s the consequence of a match violation? A slap on the wrist?
(12-02-2021, 06:05 PM)Guest Wrote:
(12-02-2021, 12:23 PM)Guest Wrote:

And what’s the consequence of a match violation? A slap on the wrist?

Well, it could lead to probation. I suppose if it was truly a severe violation they could remove you from the match. Same goes for applicants.
Applicants have very little power; already been on a couple second looks and one of them the PD basically told me they only rank people high who send them a “ranking #1” email and they expect that from me. Feel trapped to be honest.
(12-04-2021, 06:53 PM)Guest Wrote: Applicants have very little power; already been on a couple second looks and one of them the PD basically told me they only rank people high who send them a “ranking #1” email and they expect that from me.  Feel trapped to be honest.

This is so gross. Seriously can’t believe they’re doing this.

On your second look, were there other applicants? Was it very formal/structured or were you sorta of like “hey! I’m in your city!”

[-]
Quick Reply

Image Verification
Please enter the text contained within the image into the text box below it. This process is used to prevent automated spam bots.
Image Verification
(case insensitive)