Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
UNC Chapel Hill?
Has anybody who's done a sub-I with UNC Chapel Hill, has interviewed there, or is currently there speak to either the sub-I experience or the feel of the residency there?
(11-25-2021, 10:59 PM)Guest Wrote: Has anybody who's done a sub-I with UNC Chapel Hill, has interviewed there, or is currently there speak to either the sub-I experience or the feel of the residency there?

The department at UNC is an amazing group of people. All of the residents and attendings are super nice. As a sub-I you will get to choose what OR to go to, it's not super structured but you spend a lot of time with the residents and they  teach a lot. You don't get to do much in the OR as a sub-I. Overall, a program that takes a lot of pride in the culture and probably up and coming a bit with Dr. Oyesiku as the new chair.
That's great to hear. They also have a great female to male ratio, 6/14 of their current residents are women.
(12-19-2021, 05:58 PM)Guest Wrote:
(11-25-2021, 10:59 PM)Guest Wrote: Has anybody who's done a sub-I with UNC Chapel Hill, has interviewed there, or is currently there speak to either the sub-I experience or the feel of the residency there?

The department at UNC is an amazing group of people. All of the residents and attendings are super nice. As a sub-I you will get to choose what OR to go to, it's not super structured but you spend a lot of time with the residents and they  teach a lot. You don't get to do much in the OR as a sub-I. Overall, a program that takes a lot of pride in the culture and probably up and coming a bit with Dr. Oyesiku as the new chair.

he is recruiting senior spine faculty from ucsf
How are the hours? Midlevel support? Research? Thank you
Is UNC Chapel Hill considered to be a top-tier program?
To be clear he recruited Upadhyaya who did fellowship at UCSF in 2010 and has been in Kansas for like 10 years. Would hardly call that "senior spine faculty from UCSF" lol
They have a functional guy get a 3M R01 grant. Many people at top institutes don't get those.

[-]
Quick Reply

Image Verification
Please enter the text contained within the image into the text box below it. This process is used to prevent automated spam bots.
Image Verification
(case insensitive)