Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Joint letters from faculty after a sub-I
Would it be a good idea during a sub-I to ask for a joint letter from 2 faculty members (non-PD, non-chair, but senior and highly regarded faculty) if you feel like a letter from just 1 of them would be too bland? Reason for not asking PD or chair is that just didn't click with them as much as with the 2 mentioned faculty, feel like their letter wouldn't be as strong in substance.
(11-28-2021, 08:03 PM)Guest Wrote: Would it be a good idea during a sub-I to ask for a joint letter from 2 faculty members (non-PD, non-chair, but senior and highly regarded faculty) if you feel like a letter from just 1 of them would be too bland? Reason for not asking PD or chair is that just didn't click with them as much as with the 2 mentioned faculty, feel like their letter wouldn't be as strong in substance.

These letters are not as personal as you imagine- despite being signed by the chair, they typically integrate all the feedback form the residents and faculty during your rotation.
(11-28-2021, 08:23 PM)Guest Wrote:
(11-28-2021, 08:03 PM)Guest Wrote: Would it be a good idea during a sub-I to ask for a joint letter from 2 faculty members (non-PD, non-chair, but senior and highly regarded faculty) if you feel like a letter from just 1 of them would be too bland? Reason for not asking PD or chair is that just didn't click with them as much as with the 2 mentioned faculty, feel like their letter wouldn't be as strong in substance.

These letters are not as personal as you imagine- despite being signed by the chair, they typically integrate all the feedback form the residents and faculty during your rotation.

I can't really gauge how the integration of everyone's feedback would be. I feel like they'd all be more or less generic stuff.

[-]
Quick Reply

Image Verification
Please enter the text contained within the image into the text box below it. This process is used to prevent automated spam bots.
Image Verification
(case insensitive)