Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Most female and POC friendly programs?
(12-08-2021, 10:19 PM)Guest Wrote:
(12-08-2021, 09:44 PM)Guest Wrote: white male here, matched and when I was applying I thought (and still think) that women and POC should be prioritized. If it means that to match as a white male you have to be above average then so be it, we already have the benefit of knowing how to fit in with the vast majority of neurosurgeons due to sharing the same culture, and having zero bias against us as we go through each step of the process. Agree with what Dr Chambless wrote. No one is putting white male as a negative, it is just neutral and not a positive mark.

Can you even understand what you wrote? If you are prioritizing one group based solely on skill color--the ability to produce melanin, nothing more--then you are automatically putting down another group based solely on color. How is this right? 

At any rate, why don't you practice what you preach? Give up your seat for a female or minority applicant. Go ahead, I'll be waiting.

Race is not just about skin color. It’s include IQ, health, time preference, and genetically-programmed behavioral patterns including aggression. Don’t be naive.
(12-09-2021, 05:17 AM)Guest Wrote:
(12-08-2021, 09:44 PM)Guest Wrote: white male here, matched and when I was applying I thought (and still think) that women and POC should be prioritized. If it means that to match as a white male you have to be above average then so be it, we already have the benefit of knowing how to fit in with the vast majority of neurosurgeons due to sharing the same culture, and having zero bias against us as we go through each step of the process. Agree with what Dr Chambless wrote. No one is putting white male as a negative, it is just neutral and not a positive mark.

Can you even understand what you wrote? If you are prioritizing one group based solely on skill color--the ability to produce melanin, nothing more--then you are automatically putting down another group based solely on color. How is this right? 

At any rate, why don't you practice what you preach? Give up your seat for a female or minority applicant. Go ahead, I'll be waiting.

Race is not just about skin color. It’s include IQ, health, time preference, and genetically-programmed behavioral patterns including aggression. Don’t be naive.

… wtf… is it 1936 in here? That’s enough neurosurgeryhub for today

@Admins - this type of hate speech should be deleted.
(12-09-2021, 12:19 PM)Guest Wrote:

@Admins - this type of hate speech should be deleted.

I thought there were scientists on this forum
The amount of blatant racism, sexism, and classism people are explicitly endorsing on this forum is absolutely nauseating. You're all doctors, and you're privileged to be in that position. Do better.

[-]
Quick Reply

Image Verification
Please enter the text contained within the image into the text box below it. This process is used to prevent automated spam bots.
Image Verification
(case insensitive)