Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
loma linda
(05-30-2017, 12:42 AM)Guest Wrote:
(05-29-2017, 10:06 PM)Focus Wrote: My understanding is that 1) the receiving program still has to have an approved spot and 2) the 7 years don't come with them which is in part why they need a already approved spot.

so a program has to have an opening for the (llu) resident to transfer? they can't just go to any program?

I didnt ask the drtails but that was my impression based on a converstaion w one of the LL residents
so where did hte current residnets end up?
I know one is going to Brigham. Not sure about the others
So u can go to any program technically
No intern year is taken care of but they have to match again
(06-11-2017, 01:50 PM)Guest Wrote: No intern year is taken care of but they have to match again

wait i thought that a program doesn't have to have an opening for them to go to right? so technically, any program that wants an extra resident can take one on? because the position is funded by acgme.
The pgy3 is coming to Cleveland clinic
Brigham? Cleveland clinic? Apparently having your program shut down is kinda like winning the neurosurgery lottery
(06-12-2017, 11:07 PM)Guest Wrote: Brigham? Cleveland clinic? Apparently having your program shut down is kinda like winning the neurosurgery lottery

LOL, keep buying tickets.

- TT
Take it for what it's worth, but a lot of people are upset with our program taking the foreign medical grad whose a PGY2 from Loma Linda. The guy came from some unknown medical school in India even though he's from England (which means he didn't get into any of the medical schools in England) and he took four or five years to match into a neurosurgery program that ultimately collapsed. Way to go Harvard

[-]
Quick Reply

Image Verification
Please enter the text contained within the image into the text box below it. This process is used to prevent automated spam bots.
Image Verification
(case insensitive)