Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 1.6 Average
M4 questions on intern year
Hello friends,

I was wondering if current interns and residents could recommend any ways (books, lectures, etc.) to better prepare an M4 for intern year. I'm basically doing nothing in my last year and I feel like I'm forgetting a lot that I learned on my sub-internships.
go party
You that sure you’ll match??? I’m attending 30 interviews and don’t have the heart to keep up with any knowledge as not matching will be that much more painful if I was assuming it was gonna happen to the point I was studying
Know the basics of neuroradiology. Learning radiology has a good basic module. Flip through some radiopedia articles on the common stuff. And then, yes,go party.
Management of common emergency presentations: ruptured aneurysm, status epilepticus, TBI (tiered management), central cord syndrome, spinal cord injury, unstable spine fractures, shunt malfunction, etc.

Bedside procedures (read about them, indications, how to perform them, etc): ICP monitor, EVD, Lumbar puncture, lumbar drain, shunt tap, interrogating baclofen pump, etc.

Hand skills: how to efficiently and quickly throw stitches and tie knots, how to palm a needle driver while throwing stitches to save time. Many videos online for that.

Neurocritical care unit: management of patients in the ICU, especially if you have a NCC rotation as an intern.

Finish any pending research, if you match in a busy program, you probably won't have time for them.
what happens if u don't match???
(12-30-2021, 02:39 PM)Guest Wrote: what happens if u don't match???

Have you seen what they do to old people in Logan's Run? Something like that.
(12-30-2021, 10:37 AM)MikeFart Wrote: Hello friends,

I was wondering if current interns and residents could recommend any ways (books, lectures, etc.) to better prepare an M4 for intern year. I'm basically doing nothing in my last year and I feel like I'm forgetting a lot that I learned on my sub-internships.

Get in an abusive relationship for a year and learn how to tolerate it. This will prepare you best for residency at my elite institution.
(12-30-2021, 04:54 PM)Guest Wrote:
(12-30-2021, 10:37 AM)MikeFart Wrote: Hello friends,

Get in an abusive relationship for a year and learn how to tolerate it. This will prepare you best for residency at my elite institution.

Will also prepare you for intern year at my (relatively) non malignant and non elite institution.

[-]
Quick Reply

Image Verification
Please enter the text contained within the image into the text box below it. This process is used to prevent automated spam bots.
Image Verification
(case insensitive)