Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Barrow: My Investigation
To poster above, can you elaborate further? How does one get fired for being arrogant? It usually takes a high threshold to get kicked out of a residency program, so I'm curious as to what he did.

Lol. Imagine having a level of arrogance that even neurosurgeons would kick you out. Yet again, I would expect that personality from someone who went straight from high school to a BS/MD program. Some weird ass mother******* come out of those programs.
Barrow has lost many residents over the last few years. More than most other programs probably. They just cover it up by hiring residents to fill the gap quickly. Seems that more people don’t like the new leadership they have there and his resident selection is much different than his predecessor. Previously it was more of the athletic and operative residents, now it’s more research heavy and less operative residents. Just look at the residents from the last 4-5 years. Spetzler picked much different residents than what you see now.
Eugh I would much rather have a low tier/operative heavy surgeon operate on me than some “ high IQ” dude from a top program. I’ve seen some horrible disasters from research heavy programs. Besides, folks, in the real world, everyone is gonna want you to produce-even academics. Seeing a lot of collleagues in that second boat having problems because they weren’t taught how to operate in residency. Big names in big cities notoriously struggle with volume, aka spine volume.

[-]
Quick Reply

Image Verification
Please enter the text contained within the image into the text box below it. This process is used to prevent automated spam bots.
Image Verification
(case insensitive)