Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Top 3 bottom 3
Why is Penn so high on everyone’s list?
just wondering but what is going wrong with uscf? why it is in decline? i looked at the resident profiles, all look like bread-and-butter elitist grads--the ones you see at top programs??
Most of their top faculty are leaving, and according to my classmate who did a subi there (so take it with a grain of salt), the resident culture is a literal nightmare
(03-05-2022, 07:26 PM)Guest Wrote: …let’s not derail the thread

Top : Wake, Jeff, Buffalo
Bottom: Rutgers, UAB, Geisenger

I actually really liked my wake interview and not sure why it’s getting shit on on the spreadsheet. Ya the PD cares about grades and scores; rather be treated by the smartest person rather than the one who brown-nosed their chair for the best letter
Because the exact issue is that she conflates grades and scores with “being the smartest person ever.” PD seems incredibly militaristic and narrow-minded. Last time I checked no one gives a flying fuck about your grades and scores after med school. How many grades and scores of your attendings do you know?
(03-06-2022, 10:38 AM)Guest Wrote: Because the exact issue is that she conflates grades and scores with “being the smartest person ever.” PD seems incredibly militaristic and narrow-minded. Last time I checked no one gives a flying fuck about your grades and scores after med school. How many grades and scores of your attendings do you know?

As flawed as grades/scores are, it’s better than the alternative. Grades in medschool are effectively hundreds of mini letters of rec from years of evaluation while a neurosurgery chair letter may be from someone you’ve interacted with for a couple hours total which is silly tbh.
top 3: mayo, brigham, Wash U. great environments, reported resident experience, research, and cultures
bottom 3: stanford, uic, columbia. red flags/declining
Did a sub-I at stanford. They're absolutely crushing it with volume and autonomy. I don't understand why people say that Stanford isn't an operative powerhouse. Yes, 20 years ago they were lacking in volume, but they have more than made up for it.
(03-06-2022, 02:05 PM)Guest Wrote: Did a sub-I at stanford. They're absolutely crushing it with volume and autonomy. I don't understand why people say that Stanford isn't an operative powerhouse. Yes, 20 years ago they were lacking in volume, but they have more than made up for it.

3 chiefs scrubbing the crani for an aneurysm on their Twitter is telling.
(03-06-2022, 01:07 AM)Guest Wrote: Why is Penn so high on everyone’s list?

I don't understand this either. They take Q3 call for basically 2.5-3 years, while not actually getting to operate until late in residency. Essentially zero vascular service. No big names in spine. They have CHOP where you do a bunch of floor work and close skin while the fellows and attendings operate. Quite a few residents talked about how great New Zealand was because they finally got to do critical parts of the case.

Top 3: Mayo, Barrow, UW

Bottom 3: UCSD, Wake Forest, Yale

[-]
Quick Reply

Image Verification
Please enter the text contained within the image into the text box below it. This process is used to prevent automated spam bots.
Image Verification
(case insensitive)