Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
didnt match
(03-21-2022, 11:26 AM)Guest Wrote: https://www.medpagetoday.com/special-rep...ives/93454

I stand corrected.
I imagine it really hurts when on social media everyone in your class is crassly posting about the programs they matched into, while you worry about never matching. On tope of that, NS applicants tend to be in the top quartile of their class in the first place, so this is even more painful.

Furthermore, the neurosurgery papers you publish and the aways you did probably won't help you if you apply to other specialties, so you basically did all that work for nothing. I can see how some people would be really depressed.
Good luck. I didn't match the first or second time but found an transferred into a position my second year of prelim.

Ended up not being my kinda thing and quit in my third year.

If you want it don't give up.
I'm really happy I gave it my best and succeeded and decided it wasn't for me and moved on to even happier things.

Its important to not leave and have any regrets so put it all out there and no matter the outcome you would move on happy.

[-]
Quick Reply

Image Verification
Please enter the text contained within the image into the text box below it. This process is used to prevent automated spam bots.
Image Verification
(case insensitive)