Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
how long hear back sub-Is
Anyone hear back from USC?
anything from UTSW?
waiting on UVA, Icahn and USC here. Cedars-Sinai got back with openings in September, October, and November. What are some safety schools I could apply to right now ?
Is cedars a great place to rotate?
(04-25-2022, 11:42 PM)Guest Wrote:
(04-25-2022, 01:55 PM)Guest Wrote: I got rejected from BNI, they're definitely reaching out to everything now lol.

Rejected as in did not match, or did not get a sub-I? If the sub-I, do you have any idea why? It appears to be quite unusual. Thank you

Rejected from the sub-I. Not sure, they said they inundated with applications the day it opened. I'm sure there's a lot of filtering they went thru. I'm a sub 240 step1 so that's probably it.
(04-26-2022, 04:41 PM)Guest Wrote:
(04-25-2022, 01:55 PM)Guest Wrote: I got rejected from BNI, they're definitely reaching out to everything now lol.

Rejected as in did not match, or did not get a sub-I? If the sub-I, do you have any idea why? It appears to be quite unusual. Thank you

Rejected from the sub-I. Not sure, they said they inundated with applications the day it opened. I'm sure there's a lot of filtering they went thru. I'm a sub 240 step1 so that's probably it.

If you are sub 240 would strongly consider dual applying. Know a guy with score just below 240 who got a fucking PhD in neurosurgery and didn’t match.
(04-26-2022, 05:45 PM)Guest Wrote:

If you are sub 240 would strongly consider dual applying. Know a guy with score just below 240 who got a fucking PhD in neurosurgery and didn’t match.

What does dual applying look like? Should I be getting LORs from my surgery MS3 rotation? The rest of my schedule til ERAS is packed with neurosurgery rotations. I've gotten two sub-i's so far.
(04-26-2022, 06:17 PM)Guest Wrote:

What does dual applying look like? Should I be getting LORs from my surgery MS3 rotation? The rest of my schedule til ERAS is packed with neurosurgery rotations. I've gotten two sub-i's so far.

I wouldn’t jump to having to dual apply. Many factors like when you submitted, who wrote your letter, what school your from have a lot of influence as well. Did you apply right when it opened?
Don't dual apply

Match rate for nsgy was pretty reasonable this year. I applied this cycle — I don't know any strong applicants who didn't match. As far as I can tell, almost everyone I interviewed with matched

If you are a decent applicant, and aren't annoying or have character flaws, you will probably match
(04-26-2022, 06:31 PM)Guest Wrote:
(04-26-2022, 06:17 PM)Guest Wrote:
(04-25-2022, 11:42 PM)Guest Wrote: Rejected as in did not match, or did not get a sub-I? If the sub-I, do you have any idea why? It appears to be quite unusual. Thank you

I wouldn’t jump to having to dual apply. Many factors like when you submitted, who wrote your letter, what school your from have a lot of influence as well. Did you apply right when it opened?

I applied late to both of the sub-i's that've accepted me. I'm not from a top 40 school. Just not sure when to throw in the towel and get my letters in order to dual apply.

[-]
Quick Reply

Image Verification
Please enter the text contained within the image into the text box below it. This process is used to prevent automated spam bots.
Image Verification
(case insensitive)