Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Laser eye surgery - Has anyone done it?
Would love to know if any practicing neurosurgeons here have had refractive laser eye surgery, or who know of any colleagues who have had it, and are willing to share their experiences/thoughts with it. Especially would love to hear about those who have had PRK corrective eye surgery.
(05-06-2022, 03:15 PM)Guest Wrote: Would love to know if any practicing neurosurgeons here have had refractive laser eye surgery, or who know of any colleagues who have had it, and are willing to share their experiences/thoughts with it. Especially would love to hear about those who have had PRK corrective eye surgery.

Risk/Reward just does not make sense for surgeons. Just wear contacts or prescription loupes, it is not a big deal.
laser eye surgery should be illegal.
Not sure it's worth the risk if the laser procedure goes wrong. Just wear loupes and glasses/contacts!
Have had same debate myself. My thought was upside is I don’t have to wear glasses or worry about potential conjunctivitis with contacts. Downside is that in the 1 in a million chance I am blinded by the procedure (even if it’s just one eye) > bye bye neurosurgery. So while the probability of a bad outcome is very low, the downside is so bad for someone who wants to do surgery that it is an unacceptable risk

[-]
Quick Reply

Image Verification
Please enter the text contained within the image into the text box below it. This process is used to prevent automated spam bots.
Image Verification
(case insensitive)