Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Thoughts on "optional" supplemental ERAS?
NSRG is on the list of programs doing this for 2023 cycle. 8 program signals allotted per applicant.

My question is, what exactly goes on the supplemental app that wouldn't be placed on the main ERAS app?

They say not to duplicate information, so are we supposed to split our meaningful experiences apart from whats on the ERAS app?

It also says in the manual it's for interview only, so should we not signal our sub-i's or home program that we've interviewed at?
No one can give great advice since this is a new feature. I would ask your home program whether they want you to signal them. I imagine they wouldn’t if they want you to match, regardless of how bad they want you. I’d probably signal my away programs though if I really liked them. An away doesn’t guarantee an interview
ENT has used this token system in the past...might be worth asking a junior ENT resident how they navigated this process
(05-13-2022, 07:46 PM)Guest Wrote: No one can give great advice since this is a new feature. I would ask your home program whether they want you to signal them. I imagine they wouldn’t if they want you to match, regardless of how bad they want you. I’d probably signal my away programs though if I really liked them. An away doesn’t guarantee an interview

In talking to some students in specialties that had signaling this last cycle, this was not the advice they got re: aways. All of their away programs explicitly told them not to signal them, as showing up for a month was more of a signal than some e-signal.
Thanks for the replies! Not sure if my logic is correct, but if we didn't submit the supplemental then all the programs would know we didn't have an option to signal anyone. If we do submit the supplemental, then the assumption is if a program didn't get a signal (not away, not home) that means we weren't as interested in them.

OBGYN has it even worse with "gold" and "silver" signaling. I would think a silver signal is worse than no supplemental + no signal.

[-]
Quick Reply

Image Verification
Please enter the text contained within the image into the text box below it. This process is used to prevent automated spam bots.
Image Verification
(case insensitive)