Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
UTSW Opening
"Surviving Neurosurgery"
leaving is another way to survive. has anyone else on this forum gone into consulting? what's it like?
much of the problems that neurosurgeons face are self-made via their aggressive, malignant, arrogant personality. utsw is a prime example
Wait the guy who wrote that book dropped out? Pretty hilarious if true
Is this spot open to be filled..? Is it that bad?
lol its written by 2 Psy-1's and both of them seemed to have dropped out.
just imagine writing a book called "Surviving Neurosurgery," advertising it all over social media with your name, and then dropping out in your first year of residency.

What a humiliation. What a shame. If the farther is alive, I feel sorry for him. What a disgrace.
I've worked with him and the dude is a baller, maybe save the slander for someone you actually know. I applaud him for making a decision for his own happiness
Can we just let the actual neurosurgeons write the neurosurgery books and not random med students and PGY1s??? It discredits the field that almost all of the journal articles and books are by non-neurosurgeons.
Look at the meetings and our journals. Filled to the brim with junk science, perspectives, conclusions that aren’t supported by the data. Every “disparity” must have nefarious underpinnings right? Neurosurgery literature is becoming a joke. And it’s not just us, look at NEJM and JAMA, their commentaries and priorities, same story. Med students take note, people who have time to write this stuff over and over aren’t using that time to operate. It’s no wonder we have waves of PGY1s and 2s who were “rockstars” leave, because neurosurgery isn’t winning about accolades all the times, it’s thankless acute subdurals at 1 am.

Obesity affects lumbar fusion outcomes… you don’t say? Don’t think residents and faculty reviewing your apps aren’t discerning enough to separate real science from this garbage.

[-]
Quick Reply

Image Verification
Please enter the text contained within the image into the text box below it. This process is used to prevent automated spam bots.
Image Verification
(case insensitive)