Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Cornell vs Hopkins vs UCSF medical school
My friend was awarded a full cost of attendance scholarship to Cornell and Hopkins and full tuition to UCSF this past cycle. In the end they ended up choosing Cornell as her support network is in NYC and they wanted to stay in New York. They absolutely despised Baltimore and given that they had the option of staying in NY, they decided against moving across the country. 

Given their interest in NSGY, they are now seriously kicking themselves over their decision (especially turning down Hopkins). How do I help them understand that this wasn't a mistake (unless people on here think it was)?
All 3 offer a fellowship in watching someone else operate. It’s pretty valuable on the coasts I hear. To get that fellowship, you gotta go to any one of them for medical school. Maybe Harvard, too.
It shouldn’t make that much of a difference. Cornell grads still match at top programs but maybe at a slightly lower rate than JHU and UCSF. If they value living in NYC and matching in NYC then it’s a smart move when considering things like family, lifestyle, etc.
People underestimate the correlation between happiness and productivity.

[-]
Quick Reply

Image Verification
Please enter the text contained within the image into the text box below it. This process is used to prevent automated spam bots.
Image Verification
(case insensitive)