Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Timing of interview invites and actual interviews
Scheduling 4th year rotations for the fall....I need to please know.... 

Let's say someone is lucky enough to have a moderate to excellent season (in terms of interview invites)...could you please help with the following: 

1) When do the interviews start rolling in (i.e. when do I need to be alert and able to check emails all day?) 
2) When do the actual interviews start to take place? Anything before mid-October? 
3) What month are most interviews usually over by?  
3) are virtual interviews usually all day affairs? Are they typically always on weekdays? Are weekends common?  

Thanks
Based on my experience in 2021-2022...

1) Interviews started coming early October. Thankfully most programs have agreed to only send invites on Fridays after 4PM but that wasn't universal. Would recommend forwarding to a pager if you have one
2) First interview was mid October but I found the bulk of them to be Nov, Dec, early Jan (for me at least)
3) Interviews continued through the end of January. I don't know of anyone who had Nsgy interviews in February, but friends in other specialties did so I suppose it's possible. Second looks may occur Jan-Feb and it sounds like this year they might be in person.
4) It depends on the program. Some programs will have all-day interviews, maybe 8-4 or a little shorter than that. Some programs will do half-day interviews so they can interview east coasters 8-12 and west coasters 12-4. I'd say try to be available from 706 EST to be safe (I did have a few that ran to 5:30).
Usually there is an optional event with residents the evening before (1-2 hours). Most of my interviews were during the week but did have a few weekend interviews as well. You can check out last year's interview dates to get an idea of what it might be like for the programs you're applying to, hopefully they will release this year's dates soon: https://www.societyns.org/medical-studen...view-dates

[-]
Quick Reply

Image Verification
Please enter the text contained within the image into the text box below it. This process is used to prevent automated spam bots.
Image Verification
(case insensitive)