Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
peripheral nerve
thoughts on importance of peripheral nerve training? Seems to be a growing field that not many programs have good representation in, on the other hand it's not terribly sexy and there's competition from multiple other specialties (ortho, plastics).
I think the field will expand as nerve restoration and regenerative technology becomes available. I see it as a field with good future growth, not unlike functional, especially if you have research interests. Only a handful of plastics programs have peripheral nerve fellowships. I wouldn't expect to be as concerned about encroachment with this as I am with oncology. I'm scared that in 50 years nsg onc will be all but eliminated by advances in other fields.
Peripheral has been all but abandoned by neurosurgery. It's a shame and something I hope reverses.
(07-16-2017, 11:57 AM)Focus Wrote: Peripheral has been all but abandoned by neurosurgery. It's a shame and something I hope reverses.

this is true. tumors to rad onc, vascular to endo, spine to ortho...
what is left? Functional? Is the specialty gone? Hard to believe
There will always be trauma

[-]
Quick Reply

Image Verification
Please enter the text contained within the image into the text box below it. This process is used to prevent automated spam bots.
Image Verification
(case insensitive)