Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Info on Mayo Rochester?
Trauma practice, especially spine, is actually very busy. Is it Grady? No. But there is a large catchment area from surrounding states (Dakotas, Iowa, Wisconsin, Michigan peninsula) and level 1 trauma center with lots of acute cases transferred in.

Extensive clinical research opportunities, and also ample basic science/translational work with multiple faculty with NIH grant funding in tumor, functional, peds, and spine basic science.
Define busy. Severe trauma goes to the nearest level one. You can google level 1 trauma center map. No one from Michigan is being diverted to Mayo's "catchment area". Transfers are another thing that I can't speak to.
Mayo has a lot of foreign MD's who work in their research labs. They are under the title "post-doctoral researcher". Is that ethical???
No, it’s not. They’re basically enslaved, doing nightmare work with the only reward being a vague promise of hopefully one day getting a recommendation for an actual residency spot
Why is that allowed then? Does it benefit them? I noticed that they don't do things like shadowing or anything like that.
(01-21-2023, 04:05 PM)Guest Wrote: Why is that allowed then? Does it benefit them? I noticed that they don't do things like shadowing or anything like that.

You're a special kind of stupid, aren't you? You have an unhealthy obsession with this program.
It’s the largest (6 spots) and most prestigious and respected, so of course folks will be interested

Plus they treat residents with respect
I believe Mayo takes four not six unless you're referring to something other than residents or they got an increase approval.
Mayo-Rochester takes 4 like Barrow, Pitt, JHU, and Baylor. The spots at Mayo-Scottsdale and Mayo-Jax are not the same as the 4 spots at Mayo-Rochester.

[-]
Quick Reply

Image Verification
Please enter the text contained within the image into the text box below it. This process is used to prevent automated spam bots.
Image Verification
(case insensitive)