Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ABNS Scores and Percentiles
How are people studying for this? Any good question banks?
SANS question bank is best.
(05-07-2019, 06:00 AM)Focus Wrote: SANS question bank is best.

Co-sign. It’s a bit easier than the actual test, but every year there are several questions on the exam taken directly from here, and it’s be silly to miss those free points.
what was the passing score this year? im waiting to get my score report back.
Any advice on the consistent resources to pass? reasonable good score?
(05-08-2019, 11:00 AM)Guest Wrote: what was the passing score this year? im waiting to get my score report back.

335. You should have scores by now, they’ve been available for a few weeks. Ask your program coordinator.
Passing is not that hard. Do the SANS questions and the citow question book a couple times and you'll pass easily. Doing well requires greater effort.
(05-13-2019, 06:36 AM)Focus Wrote: Passing is not that hard. Do the SANS questions and the citow question book a couple times and you'll pass easily. Doing well requires greater effort.

Aside from demonstrating increased competency, what’s the benefit of doing well versus simply passing? Are these scores used for fellowship applications?
No. There is some benefit to studying the material just for your general knowledge base but beyond that the only motivator to do well is that some programs will torture you to reach certain percentiles. I've hear old stories of John Jane Sr. being particularly aggressive about high scores.
which programs have a documented percentile? i know that mayo has 75th and stanford has 50th...do other programs advertise the same?

[-]
Quick Reply

Image Verification
Please enter the text contained within the image into the text box below it. This process is used to prevent automated spam bots.
Image Verification
(case insensitive)