Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
chances
thank you for the reassurance. I messed up step 1 pretty bad. I can't get over it!
(09-26-2017, 05:19 PM)Guest Wrote:
(09-26-2017, 02:43 PM)Guest Wrote:
(09-26-2017, 02:32 PM)Guest Wrote:
(09-26-2017, 02:25 PM)Guest Wrote: you won't match. any step score below 250 won't match. go do family med loser

This guy is an asshole. Or joking and and asshole. But whether you'll get a "top 20" program will depend on your letters, your home program, maybe AOA. The rest of your application is average, but maybe above average for a research-heavy program. You'll be an average applicant otherwise.

agreed with the letters/home program part. we talking "20 pubs" as in 20 papers or including posters/abstracts/etc? I doubt 20 papers is average.

thank you all for replying and assuaging my worries. I have 20 papers. this does not include talks, abstract and posters.

will it help to do subIs at top institutions ?

I would say the very "top" want both high step scores and research. Try places like Dartmouth, Brown, and maybe Yale especially if your med school pedigree is like what I imagine. These programs, or other programs that are more about research than clinical experience, might be a good fit.
If his pedigree is what I imagine, he'll have a great chance at top programs. Do sub-Is there and make good impressions. 240 is good enough to not keep you back.
Why do you care about top 20. Almost any residency will make you a good neurosurgeon - it's up to you to be a great one, no matter where you are.

Hope you're not a douche in person.

[-]
Quick Reply

Image Verification
Please enter the text contained within the image into the text box below it. This process is used to prevent automated spam bots.
Image Verification
(case insensitive)