Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Interview Invites 2017 - 2018
My only concern for this forum is that based on the responses and attitude on the prior one, it is difficult to know what to trust and what not. Half of the programs listed here I did not even apply to, so I can't verify myself. For the 17 or so programs from this list that I did actually apply to I can only verify about 10 at this point. But what is true and what is not? Hard to tell, especially when according to this forum several of the programs in this list are inviting much earlier than they have historically been sending invites.
(10-02-2017, 03:19 PM)Guest Wrote: My only concern for this forum is that based on the responses and attitude on the prior one, it is difficult to know what to trust and what not. Half of the programs listed here I did not even apply to, so I can't verify myself. For the 17 or so programs from this list that I did actually apply to I can only verify about 10 at this point. But what is true and what is not? Hard to tell, especially when according to this forum several of the programs in this list are inviting much earlier than they have historically been sending invites.

your point being? It is still something you have no control over. Changes nothing.
Wait you seriously have 10 invites? Is that normal at this point? I only have 1 from my sub-I.
(10-02-2017, 03:28 PM)Guest Wrote:
(10-02-2017, 03:19 PM)Guest Wrote: My only concern for this forum is that based on the responses and attitude on the prior one, it is difficult to know what to trust and what not. Half of the programs listed here I did not even apply to, so I can't verify myself. For the 17 or so programs from this list that I did actually apply to I can only verify about 10 at this point. But what is true and what is not? Hard to tell, especially when according to this forum several of the programs in this list are inviting much earlier than they have historically been sending invites.

your point being? It is still something you have no control over. Changes nothing.

My point being... How is all of this information useful when you don't know if you can even trust it? What is, then, the usefulness of this forum?

(10-02-2017, 03:47 PM)Guest Wrote: Wait you seriously have 10 invites? Is that normal at this point? I only have 1 from my sub-I.

No, I have 8 invites. However, one of my SubIs interviews during the month you are rotating at their program. I can verify only one additional program that I applied to that invited already but I wasn't. Also, who knows what is normal at this point. I am sure you have more coming out there.
University of Buffalo

11/9, 11/16
NYU. Nov 17, Dec 1, Dec 15.
(10-02-2017, 05:06 PM)Guest Wrote: NYU. Nov 17, Dec 1, Dec 15.

fuck.
(10-02-2017, 03:53 PM)Guest Wrote:

My point being... How is all of this information useful when you don't know if you can even trust it? What is, then, the usefulness of this forum?

(10-02-2017, 03:47 PM)Guest Wrote: Wait you seriously have 10 invites? Is that normal at this point? I only have 1 from my sub-I.

No, I have 8 invites. However, one of my SubIs interviews during the month you are rotating at their program. I can verify only one additional program that I applied to that invited already but I wasn't. Also, who knows what is normal at this point. I am sure you have more coming out there.

I have 21 invites and have posted several on the list so I can verify a good proportion of them. I assume most of the others are correct as well because I have had other friends who are sub-Is get those programs. Hope this helps. We as a collective group have tried to call out the ones that are fake and have done a decent job I think. The current list should be pretty accurate.
(10-02-2017, 05:47 PM)Guest Wrote:

I have 21 invites and have posted several on the list so I can verify a good proportion of them. I assume most of the others are correct as well because I have had other friends who are sub-Is get those programs. Hope this helps. We as a collective group have tried to call out the ones that are fake and have done a decent job I think. The current list should be pretty accurate.

#humblebrag
(10-02-2017, 05:47 PM)Guest Wrote:

Good for you bro!

any PhDs on the trail and on this forum this year?

[-]
Quick Reply

Image Verification
Please enter the text contained within the image into the text box below it. This process is used to prevent automated spam bots.
Image Verification
(case insensitive)