Thread Rating:
  • 16 Vote(s) - 1.81 Average
Book list
I am putting together a book list, with links, for anyone interested.  

If you have any of those listed and have a more in depth review, or others you'd like to recommend that would be great!
I'd love to see a section or even just a couple recommendations for those of us at the med student level that offer a nice introduction to neurosurgery. Obviously Greenberg is indispensable, but it's more of a reference than a text. The only couple of recommendations I've seen for such "Survey of" or "Intro to" texts are:

Essential Neurosurgery, 3rd Ed. (Kaye)
--Easy read but less comprehensive

Principles of Neurological Surgery, 3rd Ed. (Ellenbogen)
--Formerly "Principles of Neurosurgery, 2nd Ed."; more traditional textbook format, described as being "comprehensive without being encyclopedic," and from flipping through it and reading a couple chapters at my library, I agree. This book is damn expensive though! If your library/department doesn't have it, you can still get the 2nd Ed. for under $50. 

I'd love to see recommendations from others with first-hand experience. I love The Neurosurgical Atlas website and I feel it tends to be approachable, but again that's set up as a repository of knowledge rather than an introductory course that flows from one point to the next.

[-]
Quick Reply

Image Verification
Please enter the text contained within the image into the text box below it. This process is used to prevent automated spam bots.
Image Verification
(case insensitive)