Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PGY 2 swap
I hate my program and want out.  Anyone else interested in going somewhere else?
I think a lot of people hate their program as PGY2. Think seriously before initiating something like this, you may end up trying to swap and left out in the rain.
What's your PGY2 call frequency like for most of the year? Does it get better?
I'd suggest swapping for a family practice or anesthesia spot. No neurosurgery program will want a quitter.
We are looking to swap all of our PGY2's for pigeons. Are there any pigeons who can start mid-year? Please reply with step 1 scores.
You residents are a bunch of cry babies. I'm surprised I haven't gotten a call from one of your mommies yet..
Love, PD
(08-11-2018, 05:33 PM)Guest Wrote: You residents are a bunch of cry babies. I'm surprised I haven't gotten a call from one of your mommies yet..
Love, PD

That's funny PD, because your mom calls me all the time.
I'll bite, OP. Where?
I'm not sure how these threads could be serious. You don't get to choose your own replacement. If you want to leave your program will be happy to accommodate and if they're nice they may help you find another spot in this or another field.
(08-12-2018, 01:52 PM)Focus Wrote: I'm not sure how these threads could be serious. You don't get to choose your own replacement. If you want to leave your program will be happy to accommodate and if they're nice they may help you find another spot in this or another field.

speaking as a current mid-level resident. it's usually in another field. it's rare that you get to transfer to a spot within neurosurgery, realistically speaking.

[-]
Quick Reply

Image Verification
Please enter the text contained within the image into the text box below it. This process is used to prevent automated spam bots.
Image Verification
(case insensitive)