Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tiers 2017
This entire blog = FAKE NEWS.  Stay away, beware and use your brain. Hardly anything I have read here in the past 6 months resembles reality.
You know what isn't FAKE. My 262 and TONS of interviews.
(11-05-2017, 05:57 PM)Guest Wrote: You know what isn't FAKE.  My 262 and TONS of interviews.

I am a faculty member and if I knew who you were, I would rescind your interview invitation and make sure you weren't ranked. Other faculty members are also monitoring this board to attempt to protect our programs from defective personalities.
(11-05-2017, 07:04 PM)I don Wrote:
(11-05-2017, 05:57 PM)Guest Wrote: You know what isn't FAKE.  My 262 and TONS of interviews.

I am a faculty member and if I knew who you were, I would rescind your interview invitation and make sure you weren't ranked. Other faculty members are also monitoring this board to attempt to protect our programs from defective personalities.

Unfortunately there seems to be plenty of the attitude that this applicant displayed in other  threads, including the interview thread.
[quote pid='5006' dateline='1509850392']
Carolinas resident here. The notion that our academic output is 0 is false. I'm not sure how you would come to that conclusion yourself, perhaps it is based on the H index paper in the red journal from earlier this year. My guess is that data collection occurred prior to there being more than one resident at Carolinas. The fact is each of our residents has produced multiple publications per year so far.

In regard to the productivity of our faculty, that is falsely represented by the fact that our faculty are not going to be recognized as associated with Carolinas, (carolinad medical center) but will instead be associated with Carolina Neurosurgery & Spine Associates - the massive private group that encompasses all of the attendings of Carolinas. If you want a sense of the large academic productivity of that group you can do a PubMed search on a just a few of our attendings, try: Dom Coric, Matt McGirt, Tony Asher. The latter two are leaders of the N2QOD, and their Publications associated with that database are only a fraction of what they put out.

Real academic program resident here. 

What university are you affiliated with again?  How many basic science labs are in the department?  Anyone can jerk off on to a napkin, send it to the red or white journal, and call it clinical research. Also, the N2QOD is a garbage attempt at a program.  I agree, you guys are more academic than these jokers are giving you credit for, but let's be real here. You are far from an academic program.
[/quote]

Classy...

My usual assumption is that the nasty troll-like behavior and derisive commentary on this site is coming from a handful of junior medical students that hopefully will never make it in to the specialty. If the above poster is actually a resident, then that is very sad. Your residency program has left you very bitter and immature such that you need to validate your own misery by claiming superiority over others... In whatever aspect of your experience you can.

The Carolinas poster did not compare that residency to any other, and did not claim to be university affiliated or an "academic" program. They simply gave some input to clear up some misinformation

You realize it's not an empty threat right? Faculty monitor these threads routinely. Let's assume you're actually honest about your score and interview count and the various other statements you've made. Just by going through my list of applicants and matching against the various blowhard statements you've made on the board, I've narrowed you down to one of 6. It's not going to be that difficult to find you out if I want to especially as the cycle progresses. It's pretty pathetic to boast about yourself on an anonymous board--not interested in having you on my team
^ I'm a different faculty member and couldnt agree more.
Current resident and I appreciate the efforts by some faculty on here and the website moderators to make the discussions more professional and reflective of the great specialty we are part of.
this is a dermatology ranking right?
I hope the interview trail has been treating all of you well. I am wondering if anyone has rotated or done a sub-I at Ohio state and what their thoughts about the program are. Would appreciate any feedback I can get as i did not see their program listed on any of the previous posts.

[-]
Quick Reply

Image Verification
Please enter the text contained within the image into the text box below it. This process is used to prevent automated spam bots.
Image Verification
(case insensitive)