Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
indian M.B.B.S wants neurosurgery in america
Hi Rakesh,

Consider going to an American medical school. The odds of getting neurosurgery as IMG are highly stacked against you.

These words are coming from someone who -

Graduated from India, did 2 years general surgery residency in US, 2 years neurosurgery research and 3 years working with an American neurosurgeon clinically and still unable to get a residency spot. Considering all that, best thing is to go to an American medical school and try.

Best of Luck!
(04-02-2018, 12:15 AM)Guest Wrote: Hi Rakesh,

Consider going to an American medical school. The odds of getting neurosurgery as IMG are highly stacked against you.

Graduated from India, did 2 years general surgery residency in US, 2 years neurosurgery research and 3 years working with an American neurosurgeon clinically and still unable to get a residency spot. Considering all that, best thing is to go to an American medical school and try.

Best of Luck!

Were your 2 years of "residency" prelim years?
(04-02-2018, 04:57 AM)Guest Wrote:

Best of Luck!

Were your 2 years of "residency" prelim years?

Hi Sir,
Thanks to you for your advice. I actually will do PhD. I join a lab at Hopkins and will do PhD starting next year and then apply to neurosurgery in America.

Jai Shree Krishna
Best of luck!
(04-08-2018, 04:02 PM)Guest Wrote: Best of luck!

Sir,
what is key to success in matching in this field

Best of Luck!

Hi 
how did you switch from J1 clinical to J1 research (or are you a GC holder)
PS: Are you by any chance from one of the southern indian states (your career trajectory is similar to someone I have heard about)
Any FMG match this year? I went unmatched in spite of doing high inpact research for 2 years.
How many ivs did you get ?
(03-27-2019, 12:12 AM)Guest Wrote: How many ivs did you get ?

Hello Sir
I had 8 interviews with 2 interviews from top 25 neurosurgical training residency programs
I got 19 interviews and I am FMG

[-]
Quick Reply

Image Verification
Please enter the text contained within the image into the text box below it. This process is used to prevent automated spam bots.
Image Verification
(case insensitive)