Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AANS
Are late breaking abstracts any different than regular?
I remember this being asked on the old site and the response was that they were not any different. My assumption is that they either haven't met the number/quality they want as of yet, or maybe they just do this every year for people that have completed work after the original deadline; I just can't say, because this was my first year submitting an abstract. The latter would make sense, because rather pushing the deadline for all abstracts back and having a ton to review, they just catch a few more in January.
Looks like I'll be attending AANS. So are digital posters only available on the meeting app? Seems like a very low key way to share your research.
(01-07-2017, 02:25 PM)Neurofibroma Wrote: Looks like I'll be attending AANS. So are digital posters only available on the meeting app? Seems like a very low key way to share your research.

Same here! And yeah I agree; I haven't been before, but maybe it lets them accept more posters? In which case, I should be grateful regardless of how low key it is that they took my abstract. I'm thinking too that given how big it is, maybe there's still plenty of oral presentations and they're just higher level. Not to disparage the quality of your abstract, but I had assumed they would have asked me to do an oral presentation if my abstract was more significant/impressive. At the end of the day, there's a finite amount of time/space and a lot of people attending and submitting work. Congrats on getting invited regardless!
(01-07-2017, 05:10 PM)dispo Wrote:
(01-07-2017, 02:25 PM)Neurofibroma Wrote: Looks like I'll be attending AANS. So are digital posters only available on the meeting app? Seems like a very low key way to share your research.

Same here! And yeah I agree; I haven't been before, but maybe it lets them accept more posters? In which case, I should be grateful regardless of how low key it is that they took my abstract. I'm thinking too that given how big it is, maybe there's still plenty of oral presentations and they're just higher level. Not to disparage the quality of your abstract, but I had assumed they would have asked me to do an oral presentation if my abstract was more significant/impressive. At the end of the day, there's a finite amount of time/space and a lot of people attending and submitting work. Congrats on getting invited regardless!

Thanks, same to you! I hear there's only two categories, electronic poster and oral presentation. I guess I'm glad to have a reason to be there lol. Going to LA in April sounds good.
I just registered. I didn't want to shell out $350 for the Spetzler Symposium, but wish I could attend.
Me too. And yeah, I couldn't justify the extra cost and missing that much school, but that would be cool. I don't know a ton about the man, but I'm pretty interested in (or maybe just the most familiar with) cerebrovascular issues. I'm not a creeper or anything, so if you--and anyone else on the forum that's attending--want to meet up for a drink or something we can PM. It's just me and another M3 that's also on the abstract, so it'd be nice to meet other people. Unless, by some awful "Sleepless in Seattle" twist of fate, you're the guy going with me. In which case I guess we have no choice but to hang out.
My AANS e-poster email says I must submit a poster or attend. Technically, it says:

AANS policy states that if you accept the electronic presentation invitation and do not attend the 2017 AANS Annual Scientific Meeting or upload your presentation, the primary author cannot submit an abstract to the AANS for two years.

So, my understanding is these posters are digital, accessible on the app. Does this mean I technically don't have to go? I uploaded my posters. I'm hella busy with research atm. Would it be worth attending for some e-posters? How much med student stuff is really going on, networking?
its worth attending for the elbow rubbing and maybe finding dome good ideas to pirate but idk how serious they are about that
(04-07-2017, 06:29 PM)Focus Wrote: 9voduits worth attending for the elbow rubbing and maybe finding dome good ideas to pirate but idk how serious they are about that

Is it worth attending if you aren't presenting? I didn't see a med student track so do the Med students usually go to the resident stuff?

[-]
Quick Reply

Image Verification
Please enter the text contained within the image into the text box below it. This process is used to prevent automated spam bots.
Image Verification
(case insensitive)